- AccessAble are aware that there have been changes to this Access Guide, which includes the information for the café. Our surveyors will revisit the venue to update the information as soon as possible, subject to Government restrictions.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Glasgow.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is High Street.
- Venue is closed due to current circumstances.
Opening Times (People's Palace)
- Monday Closed.
- Tuesday 10:00 - 17:00..
- Wednesday 10:00 - 17:00..
- Thursday 10:00 - 17:00..
- Friday 11:00 - 17:00..
- Saturday 10:00 - 17:00..
- Sunday 11:00 - 17:00..
*The Winter Gardens*
- The Winter Gardens have been closed indefinitely by Glasgow City Council due to structural issues. Please check with the venue regarding its status before visiting for this purpose.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is at the side of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There are 7 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 360cm x 420cm (11ft 10in x 13ft 9in).
- The nearest designated bay is 16m (17yd) from the main entrance.
- The furthest designated bay is 22m (24yd) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main doors open away from you (push).
- The doors are double width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 120cm (3ft 11in) wide.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located on the right as you face the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is moderate.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- The width of the ramp or slope is 120cm (3ft 11in).
- There are steps to access this area / service.
- There is / are 4 step(s) to the area / service.
- Lighting levels at the steps are bright.
- The steps are not clearly marked.
- The steps are medium.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The handrails are on both sides.
- The ramp overcomes the steps.
- The ramp has handrails on both sides.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does play background music.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- There is a tarmac path running around the outside of the palace through the gardens.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G - 1 - 2.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- The lighting level is bright.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located next to the cafe.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are G - 1 - 2.
- The lift is 10m (32ft 10in) from accessible entrance.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The dimensions of the lift are 100cm x 145cm (3ft 3in x 4ft 9in).
- There is a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does not have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does not have an audible announcer.
- The lift controls do not have Braille markings.
- The lift controls do not have tactile markings.
- The lighting level in the lift is bright.
- Exhibits can be audio described.
- Tactile signage for exhibits is not available.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The hearing system is a fixed loop.
- Staff are trained to use the the hearing system.
- A deposit is not required for the hearing system.
- There is a wheelchair to borrow.
- To borrow the wheelchair, please ask a member of staff.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 12m (13yd 4in) from the main entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located round to the right of the building.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a shared toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens inwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 85cm (2ft 9in).
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 150cm x 290cm (4ft 11in x 9ft 6in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 60cm (1ft 12in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush, however it is not on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are sanitary disposal units.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on the right.
- There is a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- The shelf is higher than 95cm (3ft 1in).
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 49cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located within the accessible toilet.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 94cm (3ft 1in).
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilets are approximately 30m (32yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents are available in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- This service cannot be requested.