- The information in this section was taken in December 2020.
- The Terminal building is closed between 21:00 - 07:00 when there are no departing / arriving flights.
- There have been no changes to the parking.
- Entrance to the Terminal building is via the main entrance (located across from the check-in desks) and the exit is via the Arrivals route - additional signage is in place.
- Additional hand sanitising stations have been installed across all areas of the passenger journey for Departures and Arrivals.
- Electronic and wall mounted displays showing visuals have been installed throughout.
- All counters now have protective screens.
- Up and down directional arrows have been displayed on the main terminal stairway.
- Toilets are available.
- All passengers, visitors and staff are required to wear a face mask.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- Related link Glasgow Prestwick Airport - Terminal Building and Arrivals Hall.
- Departure Lounge facilities are normally open between the first and last departing flights.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located to the right as you enter the terminal.
- There is level access into the venue.
- There are no doors at this entrance.
Outside Access (Outdoor Seating)
- This information is for the entrance located at the rear of the restaurant.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open towards you (pull).
- The doors are double width.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The door opening is 140cm (4ft 7in) wide.
- There is a raised threshold at the entrance.
- Some of the rear outdoor fixed seating is accessed by a 60cm wide path.
Level Change (Outdoor Seating)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located leading up to the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is easy.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- The width of the ramp or slope is 140cm (4ft 7in).
- There is level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does play background music.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
Eating and Drinking
- The following information is for the restaurant/bar.
- The bar does serve food.
- Full table service is not available.
- Food or drinks are ordered from the service counter.
- Food or drinks can be brought to the table.
- There is not a lowered section at the counter.
- No tables are permanently fixed.
- Some chairs are permanently fixed.
- Some chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is approximately 33m (36yd 3in) from the airport terminal entrance 4.
- The distance between the floor and the lowest table is 56cm (1ft 10in).
- The distance between the floor and the highest table is 75cm (2ft 6in).
- Plastic / takeaway cups are available.
- Plastic / takeaway cutlery is not available.
- Drinking straws are available.
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Menus are hand held only.
- Menus are not available in Braille.
- Menus are not available in large print.
- Picture menus are not available.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- The type of food served here is hot and cold meals and snacks.
- Children are welcome but are not permitted at the bar.
- There are accessible toilet facilities within this venue.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 33m (36yd 3in) from the entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located through to the rear left of the venue.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 88cm (2ft 11in).
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 170cm x 210cm (5ft 7in x 6ft 11in).
- Floor manoeuvring space is clear in the accessible toilet.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- The shelf is not higher than 95cm (3ft 1in).
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 49cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the hand dryer is 105cm (3ft 5in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the toilet roll holder is 106cm (3ft 6in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the external door and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby changing facilities are available within this accessible toilet.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 107cm (3ft 6in).
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilets are located through to the rear left of the venue.
- The female and male toilets are 33m (36yd 3in) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- There is a noticeable threshold at the doorway to the standard toilets.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.