- The information in this section was taken in December 2020.
- The Terminal building is closed between 21:00 - 07:00 when there are no departing / arriving flights.
- There have been no changes to the parking.
- Entrance to the Terminal building is via the main entrance (located across from the check-in desks) and the exit is via the Arrivals route - additional signage is in place.
- Additional hand sanitising stations have been installed across all areas of the passenger journey for Departures and Arrivals.
- Electronic and wall mounted displays showing visuals have been installed throughout.
- All counters now have protective screens.
- Up and down directional arrows have been displayed on the main terminal stairway.
- Toilets are available.
- All passengers, visitors and staff are required to wear a face mask.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- Related link Glasgow Prestwick Airport - Terminal Building and Arrivals Hall.
- The Prayer Room is located on the first floor of the terminal building.
- The venue is open 24hrs.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G, 1 and 2.
- The stairs are located adjacent to security, right from the information desk.
- The stairs are approximately 66m from the main entrance.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium (11cm - 17cm).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located to the right of the building, between security and the bar/restaurant.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are G, 1 and 2.
- The lift is approximately 81m (88yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The dimensions of the lift are 137cm x 150cm (4ft 6in x 4ft 11in).
- The clear door width is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- There are separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is not a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- The lighting level in the lift is bright.
- The lift is 44m from the main entrance to the right of the building.
- The lift is 147m round the balcony from the link bridge on the first floor.
- The lift is 74m round to the right from the check-in desks at the front.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located on the first floor, near the lift.
- There is level access into the venue.
- Level access is via lift.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 76cm (2ft 6in).
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are adjustable.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The nearest accessible toilet is to the left of the prayer room.
- There are standard male toilets to the left of the prayer room.
- There are additional standard toilets further to the left at the start of the balcony to the link bridge.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.