- Services / facilities within the grounds include Park Pavilion cafe, a bowliing green, water feature, and tennis and basketball courts.
Opening Times (Park)
- The venue has seasonal opening times.
Opening Times (The Pavilion Cafe)
- Monday 10:30 - 15:30.
- Tuesday 10:30 - 15:30.
- Wednesday 10:30 - 15:30.
- Thursday 10:30 - 15:30.
- Friday 10:30 - 15:30.
- Saturday 10:30 - 15:30.
- Sunday 10:30 - 15:30.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Widnes.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Public Car Parks.
- There is not a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are not available.
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are not available.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- There is parking available on the residential streets surrounding the park near all entry points.
Outside Access (Park Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located on Birchfield Road.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- There are no doors at this entrance.
- The door opening is 500cm (16ft 5in) wide.
- There are entrances on all roads surrounding the park, mainly with easy to level access, with the smallest entrance width measuring 100cm.
Level Change (Park Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is easy.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
Parks and Gardens
- The park or garden does have footpaths.
- The path(s) has a / have concrete surface(s).
- The majority of the path(s) is / are wide enough for wheelchair users.
- There are easy slopes on the paths.
- There are bench seats situated along the paths for people to rest.
Outside Access (The Pavilion)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open automatically.
- The doors are single width.
- The door opening is 150cm (4ft 11in) wide.
Eating and Drinking (The Pavilion)
- The following information is for the cafe.
- Full table service is not available.
- Food or drinks are ordered from the service counter.
- Food or drinks can be brought to the table.
- There is not a lowered section at the counter.
- No tables are permanently fixed.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- No chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is 2m (2yd 7in) from the main entrance.
- The standard height for tables is 73cm.
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Plastic / takeaway cups are available.
- Plastic / takeaway cutlery is available.
- Drinking straws are available.
- Menus are wall only.
- Menus are not available in Braille.
- Menus are not available in large print.
- Picture menus are not available.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- The type of food served here is hot and cold meals and snacks.
Accessible Toilet (The Pavilion Cafe)
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is tactile and pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 6m (6yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The accessible toilet is located immediately beyond the main entrance.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 86cm (2ft 10in).
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 149cm x 270cm (4ft 11in x 8ft 10in).
- There is not sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 96cm (3ft 2in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are non-infectious waste and sanitary disposal units.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 46cm (1ft 6in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the toilet roll holder is 110cm (3ft 7in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are bright.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located within the accessible toilet.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 90cm (2ft 11in).
Standard Toilet(s) (The Pavilion Cafe)
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilets are located just inside the cafe entrance.
- The female and male toilets are 6m (6yd 1ft) from the cafe entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- Staff do not receive disability awareness / equality training.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.