- Monday 08:30 - 18:30.
- Tuesday 08:30 - 18:30.
- Wednesday 08:30 - 18:30.
- Thursday 08:30 - 18:30.
- Friday 08:30 - 18:30.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
- The information in this section was taken in February 2021.
- There are external queuing points.
- The external queuing points are clearly marked/signed.
- There is not a member of staff available at the entrance.
- There is hand sanitiser available at the entrance.
- The hand sanitisers are wall mounted.
- Hand sanitisers are available inside the venue.
- There is a limited number of people allowed inside.
- There is not a one-way system throughout.
- There is clear signage inside to help with social distancing.
- There are protective clear screens located at desks/counters.
- Toilets are not available.
- The venue is not certified with the 'We’re Good To Go’ COVID-19 industry standard.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Widnes.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is free for all users.
Venue Car Park
- The car park is located on Mount Street.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 0 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are level changes with no dropped kerbs.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The dropped kerb does not have tactile paving.
- The patron does have to cross a road.
- The road is generally busy.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically (towards you).
Second set of doors
- The automatic doors are push pad activated.
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The width of the door opening is 140cm (4ft 7in).
- There is a small raised threshold in the doorway.
- There is a second set of doors.
- The door(s) open(s) automatically (towards you).
- The door(s) is / are double (with one leaf locked).
- The width of the door opening is 65cm (2ft 2in).
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp or slope is located on the path leading to the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is easy.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- The counter is 5m (5yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to the counter from the entrance.
- There is not is a touchscreen.
- The prescription box is not at a suitable height for a wheelchair user.
- There is not a bell to attract attention.
- There is sufficient space to write or sign documents on the counter.
- The height of the counter is 91cm (2ft 12in).
- There is not a lowered section.
- The height of the counter is medium height (77cm - 109cm).
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The hearing assistance system is not available only on request.
- The type of system is a portable loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- This venue does not play background music.
- Motorised scooters are not allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- There is a private consultation room within the venue.
Accessible Toilet (Peel House Medical Centre)
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is written text and pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 35m (38yd 10in) from the main entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located within the Peel House Medical Centre to the rear of the building.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens inwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 82cm (2ft 8in).
- The door is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 210cm x 270cm (6ft 11in x 8ft 10in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 120cm (3ft 11in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush, however it is not on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- The shelf is higher than 95cm (3ft 1in).
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 48cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the hand dryer is 108cm (3ft 7in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- Customers to the pharmacy can use the toilet facilities within the medical centre.
Standard Toilet(s) (Peel House Medical Centre)
Access to Standard Shared Toilet(s)
- The shared toilets that were surveyed are located within Peel House Medical Centre.
- The shared toilet(s) is/are approximately 37m (40yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the shared toilet(s).
- Lighting levels are bright.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located within the accessible toilet.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the baby change facility.
- The standard toilets and baby change are located at the rear of the venue within the Peel House Medical Centre.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents are not available in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- This service cannot be requested.
- Home visits / services are not available.