- Union Square is located in the centre of Aberdeen off South College Street, Guild Street, Market Street or Palmerston Road.
- There are 3 car parks at Union Square offering you a total of 1700 car parking spaces. Union Square car parks are easily accessible from Market Street, Palmerston Road and College Street.
All car parks are open 24 hours a day. The car parks are Pay and Display, with an automatic number plate recognition system in place to monitor payment.
If you have any problems, there are help points located throughout the car park or call us on 01224 254 326 and someone will be happy to help.
Our car parks are all monitored by CCTV and contain dedicated disabled and parent and child spaces.
Our Multi-Storey car park also has charging points for electric vehicles. The 8 electric car charging points are available on Level 1 of the multi-storey car park. To operate these simply open the cover and plug in. There is no cost for this service.
- There is a bus stop within 150 metres of the shopping centre.
- Union Square is conveniently located adjacent to Aberdeen Bus Station and close to most major bus routes through Aberdeen City Centre.
Aberdeen bound Stagecoach Bluebird buses all call at the bus station which is joined to the Union Square building.
Local Aberdeen City buses are operated by First Aberdeen and services 3, 3G, 5, 12 and 27 stop on Guild Street outside St Magnus House.
- The nearest Railway Station is Aberdeen.
- Union Square connects to Aberdeen Station through the doorways in the main atrium.
Aberdeen has train services linking directly with Dundee, Glasgow, Edinburgh and Inverness and also with London and many other destinations across England.
The train also provides a direct link for people living in Aberdeenshire with services available from Dyce, Inverurie, Insch, Huntly, Portlethen, Stonehaven and Laurencekirk.
- For more information on National Rail services please click here (opens new tab).
Getting Help and Assistance
- There is not a member of staff trained in British Sign Language. Please phone the venue in advance for more information.
- British Sign Language interpreters cannot be provided on request.
- There is not an assistance dog toilet or toileting area at the venue/nearby.
- The venue offers a quiet shopping experience.
- A quiet shopping/Autism hour occurs every Sunday 11:00-12:00.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available.
- There are mobility aids available.
- The mobility aids available include wheelchairs, motorised wheelchairs, tri wheel walkers, mobility scooters, walking sticks and walking frames.
- To obtain mobility aids please contact Able Deen Shopmobility (01224 254 338) on Level P1.
Multi-Storey Car Park
- The shopping centre does have its own parking facilities.
- The car park is located off Palmerston Road or Market Street.
- The car park type is multi-storey.
- The car park does have a height restriction barrier.
- The maximum height of the restriction barrier is 220cm (7ft 3in).
- The car park does have a barrier control system.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a/are Blue Badge parking bay(s) available.
- On Level P1.
- There are parking charges for the car park.
- Parking is not free for Blue Badge holders.
- Payment machines are located inside the building and in the lift lobby of the car park.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user unaided.
- There is not a/are not clearly marked drop-off point(s).
- There are 2 additional car parks. The Surface Car Park and drop-off point is located off Market Street and the College Street Car Park is located off College Street.
Multi-Storey Designated Parking Level (P1)
- There is/are 15 designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) on this level.
- The Blue Badge bay(s) markings are faded.
- The dimensions of the designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) surveyed are 265cm x 475cm (8ft 8in x 15ft 7in).
- There is a 120cm marked zone around the Blue Badge parking bay(s).
Blue Badge Parking
- The Blue Badge parking bays have a marked zone to both sides and rear.
- The dimensions of other designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) vary in size.
- Some end bays only offer a marked/hatched zone to one side.
Parent and Child Parking
- Clearly marked/signposted parent and child parking bays are available on this level.
- There is/are 9 designated Parent and Child bays parking bay(s) on this level.
- Payment signs are provided.
- Payment signs are clearly presented.
- Payment signs are located at the entrance to the car park.
- Payment term signs do make it clear if parking charges apply to Blue Badge holders.
- Payment machines are located in the lift lobby.
- There is a payment machine at a convenient height for wheelchair users.
- There is a level turning space (minimum 185cm x 210cm) in front of the payment machine(s).
Access from the Car Park
- The pedestrian exit on this level gives access to Level P1 and Shopmobility (Able Deen).
- The route to the pedestrian exit is accessible to a wheelchair user unaided.
- The pedestrian exit on this level can be accessed from the Blue Badge bays on this level without crossing the path of any moving vehicles.
- The pedestrian exit is clearly visible from the car park.
- There are marked walkways on this level to make routes safer for pedestrians.
- The surface on the approach to the pedestrian exit is concrete.
- The nearest designated Blue Badge parking bay is approximately 5m from the P1 Exit to Multi-storey Car Park lift.
- Digital wayfinders are not available.
Exit (P1 to Multi-storey Car Park Lift)
- This information is for the exit located next to the Blue Badge parking bays.
- The exit area/door is not clearly signed internally.
- The exit is ramped/sloped.
- There is a dark mat or floor marking at this exit area which may look like a hole to some people.
- The exit door(s) does not/do not contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- The door(s) open(s) automatically (towards you).
- The door(s) is/are double width.
- The width of the opening is 180cm.
- There is a second set of doors.
- The door(s) open(s) automatically (towards you).
- The door(s) is/are double width.
- The width of the opening is 175cm.
- There are bollards at this exit.
- The minimum width between the bollards is 140cm.
- The height of the bollard(s) is 90cm.
- The bollards do contrast visually with the flooring.
- There is not a member of staff available for assistance at this exit.
- The ramp/slope is located between the first and second sets of doors.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is slight.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is not a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- There is not a/are not handrail(s) at the ramp.
Other Floors (Multi-storey Car Park)
- Stairs can be used to access other floors.
- The stairs are located ahead after you exit all 3 parking levels.
- There are manual, heavy, single doors to enter and exit the stairwell on all floors.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are Ground Floor, First Floor, Parking Level 1, Parking Level 2 and Parking Level 3.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The height of the step(s) is/are between the recommended 15cm and 18cm.
- The going of the step(s) is/are not between the recommended 30cm and 45cm.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- Handrails are at the recommended height (90cm-100cm).
- Handrails do cover the flight of stairs throughout its length.
- Handrails are easy to grip.
- Handrails do not extend horizontally beyond the first and last steps.
- There is a landing.
- Clear signs indicating the facilities on each floor are provided on landings.
- The lighting levels at the steps are good.
Lift (Multi-storey Car Park)
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located ahead after you exit all 3 parking levels.
- The lift is clearly visible from the entrance.
- The lift is approximately 20m (21yd 2ft) from the Multi-storey Car Park Lift exit.
- There are 2 other lifts in this location.
- The other lift has very similar/identical specifications.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- A member of staff does not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are Ground Floor, First Floor, Parking Level 1, Parking Level 2 and Parking Level 3.
- Clear signs indicating the facilities on each floor are provided on lift lobby landings.
- There is a clear level manoeuvring space of 150cm × 150cm in front of the lift.
- Lift doors do contrast visually with lift lobby walls.
- The external controls for the lift are within 90cm - 110cm from the floor.
- The colour contrast between the external lift controls and the control plate is poor.
- The colour contrast between the external lift control plate and the wall is good.
- The clear door width is 110cm (3ft 7in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 195cm x 165cm (6ft 5in x 5ft 5in).
- There are no separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- There is not a list of floor services available within the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- There is not a hearing loop system.
- The lift does have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The lighting levels in the lift are good.
- There is a/are similar lift(s) available.