Show Easy Read
- Union Square is located in the centre of Aberdeen off South College Street, Guild Street, Market Street or Palmerston Road.
- There are 3 car parks at Union Square offering you a total of 1700 car parking spaces. Union Square car parks are easily accessible from Market Street, Palmerston Road and College Street. All car parks are open 24 hours a day. The car parks are Pay and Display, with an automatic number plate recognition system in place to monitor payment. If you have any problems there are help points located throughout the car park or call us on 01224 254326 and someone will be happy to help. Our car parks are all monitored by CCTV and contain dedicated disabled and parent and child spaces. Our Multi-Storey car park also has charging points for electric vehicles. The 8 electric car charging points are available on Level 1 of the multi-storey car park. To operate these simply open the cover and plug in. There is no cost for this service.
- There is a bus stop within 150 metres of the shopping centre.
- Union Square is conveniently located adjacent to Aberdeen Bus Station and close to most major bus routes through Aberdeen City Centre. Aberdeen bound Stagecoach Bluebird buses all call at the bus station which is joined to the Union Square building. Local Aberdeen City buses are operated by First Aberdeen and services 3, 3G, 5, 12 and 27 stop on Guild Street outside St Magnus House.
- The nearest Railway Station is Aberdeen.
- Union Square connects to Aberdeen Station through the doorways in the main atrium. Aberdeen has train services linking directly with Dundee, Glasgow, Edinburgh and Inverness and also with London and many other destinations across England. The train also provides a direct link for people living in Aberdeenshire with services available from Dyce, Inverurie, Insch, Huntly, Portlethen, Stonehaven and Laurencekirk.
- For more information on National Rail services please click here (opens new tab).
Getting Help and Assistance
- There is not a member of staff trained in British Sign Language.
- There is not an assistance dog toilet or toileting area at the venue/nearby.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available.
- Quiet shopping/Autism hour occurs Sunday 11:00-12:00.
Parking, Train Station and Bus Station
- For more information about the Surface Car Park and drop off and pick up point please click here (opens in new tab)
- For more information about the Multi-storey Car Park please click here (opens in new tab)
- For more information about the College Street Car Park please click here (opens in new tab)
- For more information about Aberdeen Bus Station please click here (opens in new tab).
Access Point - Market Street to Union Square Shopping Park
- The access point to Union Square Shopping Park and Union Square Shopping Centre is located off Market Street.
- The surface of the path is block paving.
- There is a very easy slope leading up to the bollards.
- The minimum width between the bollards is 140cm.
Step(s) (Access Point - Palmerston Road)
- There is a/are step(s) located just off Palmerston Road.
- There is/are 8 step(s).
- The step(s) is/are clearly marked.
- The height of the step(s) is/are between 15cm and 18cm.
- The going of the step(s) is/are between 30cm and 45cm.
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The handrail(s) is/are on both sides going up.
- Handrails are at the recommended height (90cm-100cm).
- Handrails do cover the flight of stairs throughout its length.
- Handrails are easy to grip.
- Handrails do extend horizontally beyond the first and last steps.
Getting around the Shopping Park
- There is step free access throughout the shopping park.
- The surface of the paths is concrete tiles and block paving.
- There is bench seating located next to the shopping centre.
- There are help points located on the walls.
Outside Access (Surface Car Park and Shopping Park Ground Floor Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located next to the Surface Car Park and Shopping Park.
- The entrance area/door is clearly signed.
- There is step free access at this entrance.
- There is a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- The entrance door(s) does not/do not contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is/are double width.
- The width of the door opening is 210cm.