- Services / facilities within the building include Sports Hall and Fitness Suite.
- Related link Armstrong Building.
- Related link Brunel Building.
- The Sports Hall only accessible via 15+ stairs.
- The Fitness Suite is located within the Brunel Building.
- Monday 06:00 - 19:00.
- Tuesday 06:00 - 22:00.
- Wednesday 06:00 - 19:00.
- Thursday 06:00 - 22:00.
- Friday 06:00 - 19:00.
- Saturday 08:00 - 17:00.
- Sunday Closed.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the town.
- This venue is situated in Harrow on the Hill.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest National Rail station is Harrow on the Hill.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest underground station is Harrow on the Hill.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
Venue Car Park
- The car park is located to the left as you face the entrance.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 4 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 450cm x 500cm (14ft 9in x 16ft 5in).
- Designated parking bays are clearly marked.
- The nearest designated bay is 20m (21yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The furthest designated bay is 23m (25yd 6in) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is block paving.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The dropped kerb does not have tactile paving.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Courtyard Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located in the courtyard in the centre of campus.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 98cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
Level Change (Courtyard Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is slight.
- To reach this entrance there is a pushpad operated door at the top of the Armstrong to Brunel building ramp on the right hand side (as shown in photograph 2).
- Beyond this is an easy slope ramp with handrails on both sides leading to the courtyard (as shown in photograph 3, 4 and 5).
- The entrance referred to above is to the right as you reach the end of this ramp.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- There is step free access to both the fitness suite and the changing rooms.
- The sports hall can be accessed by steps only.
- Anyone wishing to use a motorised scooter, or charge a scooter or wheelchair whilst on college premises, needs to contact the college in advance.
Access to Fitness Suite
- The fitness suite is located to the left as you enter the Brunel courtyard entrance.
- The fitness suite is 3m (3yd 10in) from the Brunel courtyard entrance.
- There is step free access to the fitness suite.
- There are doors into the fitness suite.
- The doors open away from you (push).
- The doors are single.
- The doors are heavy.
- The opening is 86cm (2ft 10in) wide.
Fitness Suite (General)
- Staff receive no training in assisting disabled people.
- There is clear manoeuvring space between equipment.
- There is level access to all of the equipment.
- The nearest accessible toilet is located within the Brunel Building. For further information regarding the accessible toilets please see the relevant guide.
- The nearest standard toilet is located within the Brunel Building. Please see the relevant guide for further information regarding the standard toilets.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Staff do receive Deaf Awareness training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is normally on duty.
- Staff are trained to BSL level 3.