- Related link Image Salon.
- Related link Armstrong Building.
- Learning Support and CSU.
- There is level access to the lecture theatre in the Brunel Building for wheelchair users through this building.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the town.
- This venue is situated in Harrow.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Harrow on the Hill.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest underground station is Harrow on the Hill.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is located to the left as you face the entrance.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 1 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 510cm x 510cm (16ft 9in x 16ft 9in).
- Designated parking bays are clearly marked.
- The nearest designated bay is 7m (7yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is block paving.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The dropped kerb does not have tactile paving.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The bell is not in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically (towards you).
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The width of the door opening is 97cm (3ft 2in).
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is easy.
- There is not a level landing at the top of the ramp.
- The ramp does not have handrails.
- There is also an easy slope leading to the entrance from the right as shown in photograph 2.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- There is one height adjustable desk available (as shown in photograph 4)
- Assistive software and hardware can be made available for this desk on request.
- Anyone wishing to use a motorised scooter, or charge a scooter or wheelchair whilst on college premises, needs to contact the college in advance.
Location and access
- The facility is located to the left as you enter.
- The facility is approximately 8m (8yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to the facility.
Dimensions and features
- You do not need a key for the facility.
- The dimensions of the facility are 257cm x 694cm (8ft 5in x 22ft 9in).
- The facility changing bench height is adjustable.
- The facility changing bench is free standing.
- The length of the facility changing bench is 185cm (6ft 1in).
- The facility hoist is powered overhead.
- The overhead hoist covers the changing bench and the toilet.
- The sling is attached to the hoist by hook and loop.
- The facility toilet is corner.
- The transfer space on the left as you face the toilet is 128cm (4ft 2in).
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- Drop down rails are provided for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the drop down rail(s) is/are on both sides.
- The type of wash basin is adjustable.
- Wall mounted grab rails are not available at the wash basin.
- Disposal facilities are available.
- A privacy screen is available.
- Wide tear off paper roll is not available.
- The facility has a non-slip floor.
- A functioning emergency alarm is not available.
- It is out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from the floor).
- Accessible shower facilities are not available.
- The nearest standard toilets to this building are in the White House Building. Please see the relevant guide for further information regarding standard toilets.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Staff do receive Deaf Awareness training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is normally on duty.
- Staff are trained to BSL level 3.