- Haydock Park is located just one mile from junction 23 of the M6. On racedays, anyone travelling from the South on the M6 should exit at Junction 23 and turn right onto the A580 East, the main entrance is on your left after half a mile (please follow signs). From the North of the M6, visitors should exit at Junction 23 and turn left onto the A580 East, the main entrance is on your left after half a mile (please follow signs). From the West and East, please use the A580 and follow the signs to Haydock Park or use the postcode WA3 3QP on your Sat Nav. Racegoers with reserved car park passes and coach parties should enter the course from the A49. The main car park is accessed from the A580 East. For Sat Nav users, please enter the postcode WA3 3QP
- Visitors can travel to the racecourse by bus using the following services. The 620 (St Helens to Hindley Green via Ashton and Haydock) and the 320 (St Helens to Wigan via Ashton and Haydock). For journey times please call 0871 200 2233 or visit the website. • Liverpool Bus Service: A 'Peoplesbus' Bus Service (the 520) will be running from Liverpool City Centre to Haydock Park on every Saturday raceday from January 2018. The bus service will use the pick up stop on St Johns Lane (next to St Johns Gardens/St Georges Hall) and the bus stop opposite the Showcase Cinema on the East Lancashire Road in Croxteth - Haydock bound, near the petrol station. The bus is registered to leave Liverpool ninety minutes before the first race and Croxteth seventy minutes before. Fares: - Child Single - £4.30 - Child Return - £7.00 - Adult Single - £5.90 - Adult Return - £10.00 The bus will depart from the Racecourse back to Liverpool fifteen minutes after the final race. For more details of Peoplesbus service visitwww.peoplesbus.com or contact their customer service team on 0151 523 4010. Read more athttp://haydock.thejockeyclub.co.uk/plan-your-race-day/visitor-information/directions-parking#0SDyUoTgqJhRUsme.99.
- For more information on Arriva Buses please click here (opens new tab).
- The nearest Railway Station is Newton-le-Willows.
- The nearest train station to Haydock Park Racecourse is Newton-le-Willows, available on trains running from Manchester Piccadilly, Victoria and Oxford Road to Liverpool Lime Street. On the main London to Glasgow line the nearest stations are Warrington Bank Quay and Wigan North Western which are both approximately 8 miles from the racecourse. For detailed rail information please call 0845 000 0125.
- For more information on Newton-le-Willows station please click here (opens new tab).
Getting Help and Assistance
- For a map of the Racecourse please click here (new tab).
- There is a member of staff available for help and assistance.
- There is an assistance dog toilet or toileting area at the venue/nearby.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available.
- There is a/are step(s) located next to the Parade Ring.
- The step(s) is/are used to access the private boxes.
- There is/are 15 step(s).
- The step(s) is/are clearly marked.
- The height of the step(s) is/are not between 15cm and 18cm.
- The height of the step(s) is/are 20cm.
- The depth of the step(s) is/are not between 30cm and 45cm.
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The handrail(s) is/are on both sides of the step(s).
- Handrails are at the recommended height (90cm-100cm).
- Handrails do cover the flight of stairs throughout its length.
- Handrails are not easy to grip.
- Handrails do not extend horizontally beyond the first and last steps.
Executive Boxes (Head On - Executive Boxes)
- The boxes are located between the Parade Ring and the Moet & Chandon Champagne Bar.
- There are 2 boxes in this hospitality area.
- The box surveyed was 2.
- The other boxes in this stand/area have a similar layout.
- There is step-free access to this area.
- There is a/are single, heavy manual door(s) to access this area.
- The door opening width(s) is/are 75cm+ for the room(s).
- There is step-free access within this area.
- The type of flooring in this area is carpet.
- The lighting levels are good.
- The clear floor space beneath tables in the room(s) is 109cm.
- No tables are permanently fixed.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- The type of service provided in this box can vary.
- The view of the racecourse is through the panelled windows.
- There is no outside viewing area.
- There is not an/are not accessible toilet(s) for public use.
- The nearest accessible toilet(s) is/are located in the County Enclosure, opposite the Moet & Chandon Bar.
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- The nearest standard toilet(s) is/are located in the County Enclosure, opposite the Moet & Chandon Bar.
Related Access Guides
- To view other DisabledGo access guides that are related to this one please use the links below.
- Getting around the Racecourse link (new tab) - click here.
- Betting Counters around the Racecourse link (new tab) - click here.