- Haydock Park is located just one mile from junction 23 of the M6. On racedays, anyone travelling from the South on the M6 should exit at Junction 23 and turn right onto the A580 East, the main entrance is on your left after half a mile (please follow signs). From the North of the M6, visitors should exit at Junction 23 and turn left onto the A580 East, the main entrance is on your left after half a mile (please follow signs). From the West and East, please use the A580 and follow the signs to Haydock Park or use the postcode WA3 3QP on your Sat Nav. Racegoers with reserved car park passes and coach parties should enter the course from the A49. The main car park is accessed from the A580 East. For Sat Nav users, please enter the postcode WA3 3QP
- Visitors can travel to the racecourse by bus using the following services. The 620 (St Helens to Hindley Green via Ashton and Haydock) and the 320 (St Helens to Wigan via Ashton and Haydock). For journey times please call 0871 200 2233 or visit the website. • Liverpool Bus Service: A 'Peoplesbus' Bus Service (the 520) will be running from Liverpool City Centre to Haydock Park on every Saturday raceday from January 2018. The bus service will use the pick up stop on St Johns Lane (next to St Johns Gardens/St Georges Hall) and the bus stop opposite the Showcase Cinema on the East Lancashire Road in Croxteth - Haydock bound, near the petrol station. The bus is registered to leave Liverpool ninety minutes before the first race and Croxteth seventy minutes before. Fares: - Child Single - £4.30 - Child Return - £7.00 - Adult Single - £5.90 - Adult Return - £10.00 The bus will depart from the Racecourse back to Liverpool fifteen minutes after the final race. For more details of Peoplesbus service visitwww.peoplesbus.com or contact their customer service team on 0151 523 4010. Read more athttp://haydock.thejockeyclub.co.uk/plan-your-race-day/visitor-information/directions-parking#0SDyUoTgqJhRUsme.99.
- For more information on Arriva Buses please click here (opens new tab).
- The nearest Railway Station is Newton-le-Willows.
- The nearest train station to Haydock Park Racecourse is Newton-le-Willows, available on trains running from Manchester Piccadilly, Victoria and Oxford Road to Liverpool Lime Street. On the main London to Glasgow line the nearest stations are Warrington Bank Quay and Wigan North Western which are both approximately 8 miles from the racecourse. For detailed rail information please call 0845 000 0125.
- For more information on Newton-le-Willows station please click here (opens new tab).
Getting Help and Assistance
- For a map of the Racecourse please click here (new tab).
- There is a member of staff available for help and assistance.
- There is an assistance dog toilet or toileting area at the venue/nearby.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- The entrance area/door is clearly signed.
- There is ramped/sloped access at this entrance.
- There is not a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- The entrance door(s) does not/do not contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is/are double width but one door is locked.
- The door(s) may be difficult to open.
- The width of the door opening is 70cm.
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
- The ramp/slope is located at the front of the entrance.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is steep.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is not a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- There is not a/are not handrail(s) at the ramp.
- Please note, the raised single tile at the start of the ramp is steep however the remainder of the ramp is slight.
Access to Paddock Pavilion
- There is access to the Paddock Pavilion building just inside the main entrance of the Twin Oaks building. The single heavy door opens towards you, and is 74cm wide. There is a medium unmarked step at this entrance.
Hospitality (Twin Oaks)
- There is step-free access to this area.
- There is a/are double, heavy manual door(s) to access this area.
- The door/opening width(s) is/are 75cm+ for the room(s).
- There is step-free access within this area.
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- The type of flooring in this area is carpet and wood.
- There is flooring which includes patterns or colours which could be confusing or look like steps or holes to some people.
- The lighting levels are good.
- There is a bar/service counter.
- The height of the bar or service counter is medium height (77cm - 109cm).
- There is not a lowered section of the counter.
- The clear floor space beneath tables in the room(s) is 53cm.
- No tables are permanently fixed.
- Some chairs are permanently fixed.
- Some chairs have armrests on both sides.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- Background music varies according to the function/event.
- The layout of the room varies according to what it is being used for.
- The room can be hired for functions and meetings on non match days.
- There is not an/are not accessible toilet(s) available within the room/suite.
- There are not standard toilets available within the room/suite.
- There is not a separate parent and baby room within the room/suite.
- There is not an/are not accessible toilet(s) for public use.
- The nearest accessible toilet(s) is/are located between the Paddock and County Enclosure.
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- The nearest standard toilet(s) is/are located between the Paddock and County Enclosure.
Related Access Guides
- To view other AccessAble access guides that are related to this one please use the links below.
- Getting around the Racecourse link (new tab) - click here.
- Betting Counters around the Racecourse link (new tab) - click here.