- Bluebell Family Centre provides a place within the local community offering information and access to services for families with children under the age of five years. They aim to offer every child the best start in life and are being developed so that families can benefit from a range of flexible services and support when they need it and in a convenient location.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Hitchin.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is free for all users.
Venue Car Park
- The car park is located in front of the children's centre.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 1 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 370cm x 600cm (12ft 2in x 19ft 8in).
- The nearest designated bay is 12m (13yd 4in) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are dropped kerbs.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The dropped kerb does have tactile paving.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- The information in this section was taken in February 2021.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- Please contact the venue for details of opening times.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The intercom is not in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 108cm (3ft 7in).
- The desk is 2m (2yd 7in) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to reception from the entrance.
- The reception desk/counter is low (76cm or lower).
- The lighting levels are bright.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The type of system is a portable loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- This venue does play background music.
- Music is played at various times.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are varied.
- There are accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is written text signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is 1m (3ft 3in) from the main entrance.
- The accessible toilet is located to the left as you enter.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 83cm (2ft 9in).
- The door weight is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 150cm x 250cm (4ft 11in x 8ft 2in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm in the cubicle.
- The emergency alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are not available in the cubicle.
- There is a coat hook.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There are mirrors.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 47cm (1ft 7in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the towel dispenser is 115cm (3ft 9in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the grab rails and wall is good.
- The contrast between the drop down rails and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located within the accessible toilet.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 95cm (3ft 1in).
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Home visits / services are available.