- Services / facilities within the building include two meeting rooms and a childrens play area.
- There are serveral support groups for new mothers and babies.
- Some of the groups available are; Well Baby Clinic, Play and Learn, Toddler Talk, Breastfeeding Support Group, Antenatal and Post-Natal Clinic.
- There are many more groups available. For more information please contact the centre.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Waltham Cross.
Parking (Staff and Blue Badge)
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is free for all users.
Venue Car Park
- The car park is located at the rear of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do need to be booked in advance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are uneven surfaces.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- The designated parking space would be reserved anywhere in the car park upon request.
- Standard unmarked parking is available in the surrounding roads.
- The information in this section was taken in February 2021.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- Please contact the venue for details of opening times.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The bell is in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The intercom is not in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main door(s) open towards you (pull).
- The doors are single width.
- The door(s) is / are light.
- The door opening is 90cm (2ft 11in) wide.
Second set of doors
- There is a second set of doors.
- The door(s) open towards you (pull).
- The doors are double width.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The door opening is 160cm (5ft 3in) wide.
- The desk is 1m (3ft 3in) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to reception from the entrance.
- The reception desk/counter is medium height (77cm - 109cm).
- The desk does not have a low (76cm or lower) section.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- There is level access to the service.
- This venue does play background music.
- Music is played at various times.
- Motorised scooters are not allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- There are accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is 6m (6yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The accessible toilet is located off the main corridor.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is not push pad activated.
- The door is locked by a lever twist.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- The door weight is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 200cm x 180cm (6ft 7in x 5ft 11in).
- There is not sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is not a lateral transfer space.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm in the cubicle.
- The emergency alarm is fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are not available in the cubicle.
- There is not a coat hook.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall mounted grab rails are on the right.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There are mirrors.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 45cm (1ft 6in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the grab rails and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- The baby changing unit is a mobile unit that can be moved when required.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located off the main corridor.
- The female and male toilets are 9m (9yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents are available in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is normally on duty.
- Staff are trained to BSL level 1.
- Home visits / services are not available.