- There is step free access to the booking office only.
Assisted Travel Contact Information
- Assisted Travel Helpline telephone number: 0800 058 2844
- Assisted Travel Text Relay service (for the hard of hearing): 1800 138 1018
- SMS Text: 07860 034 269
- For more information on assisted travel please click here.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is located to the front and side of the station.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 2 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 270cm x 480cm (8ft 10in x 15ft 9in).
- The nearest designated bay is 20m (21yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The furthest designated bay is 21m (22yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are uneven surfaces.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The dropped kerb does not have tactile paving.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- The information in this section was taken in Febraury 2021.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the ticket office leading from the car park.
- There is step-free access at this entrance.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is/are double width.
- The door(s) is/are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 135cm.
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
Access Point (Subway Access)
- This information is for the access point located at the side of the car park leading to the subway.
- There is not an information board/map at this access point.
- There is ramped/sloped access at this access point.
- This is no gate at this access point.
- The width of the gap is 160cm.
- The ramp/slope is located on the approach to the access point from the car park.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is slight.
Reception (Ticket Office)
- The desk/counter is 4m (4yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to the desk/counter from the entrance.
- The desk/counter is medium height (77cm - 109cm).
- The desk/counter does not have a low (76cm or lower) section.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The type of system is a fixed loop.
- The hearing assistance system is signed.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- The hearing assistance system was not tested at the time of the survey.
Level Change (Subway)
- There is a/are step(s) to access this area/service.
- The step(s) is/are located leading from the subway to platforms 1 & 4.
- There is/are 15+ step(s) to the area/service.
- There is tactile paving at the top and bottom of the steps.
- The step(s) is/are clearly marked.
- The step(s) is/are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The handrail(s) is/are on both sides.
- Photographs 1 and 2 show the subway towards the platforms from the ticket office.
- Photographs 3 and 4 show the stairs from the subway to platforms 1 and 2.
- Photographs 5 and 6 show the stairs from the subway to platforms 3 and 4.
- There are generally 1 member(s) of staff on duty.
- The station is staffed.
- There is not an office to obtain help.
- The station is not staffed between 13:15 - 06:50.
- There is a ticket office.
- The ticket office is located on the right when you enter.
- The ticket office is 4m (4yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The train companies that operate within this station include:.
- Please click here for access information for Great Northern.
- There is not a taxi rank at the station.
- Shops and services within the station include Amelia's.
- All key concourse shops and services have level access.
- There are 4 platform(s) in the station.
- The platform(s) accessed by steps only is / are 1 & 4.
Additional Station Information
- Announcements on platforms are audio and visual.
- Platforms which have tactile markings at the platform edge are 1,2,3 & 4.
- Accessible toilets are not located on the platform(s).
- Accessible toilets are not located on the main station concourse.
- There is not a wheelchair available to borrow.
- Only platforms 1 & 4 are open to passengers. Platforms 2 & 3 are fenced off for non-stop fast trains.
- There are not accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.