Show Easy Read
- Services / facilities within the building include reception, sensory room, day rooms, accessible and standard toilets.
- North Herts Day Services is for adults with learning disabilities.
- Monday 09:00 - 16:00.
- Tuesday 09:00 - 16:00.
- Wednesday 09:00 - 16:00.
- Thursday 09:00 - 16:00.
- Friday 09:00 - 16:00.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Baldock.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is located at the front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There is/are 0 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is block paving.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
Drop off Point
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- Minbuses are able to reverse up towards the main entrance to drop off and collect only.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the venue.
- There is ramped/sloped access at this entrance.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically (towards you).
- The door(s) is/are double width.
- The width of the door opening is 160cm.
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
- The ramp/slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is slight.
- The desk/counter is 9m (9yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to the desk/counter from the entrance.
- The desk/counter is medium height (77cm - 109cm).
- The desk/counter does not have a low (76cm or lower) section.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The type of system is a portable loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- This venue does play background music.
- Music is played within the reception area and in certain rooms at various times.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- Photograph 3 shows the Tea Bar in the reception area.
- The venue has a sensory room for visitors to the centre to use.
- The room has a ceiling tracking hoist which covers all areas of the room.
Location and access
- The facility is located to the right of the building.
- The facility is approximately 46m (50yd 11in) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to the facility.
Dimensions and features
- You do not need a key for the facility.
- The door opens inwards.
- The width of the door is 113cm (3ft 8in).
- The dimensions of the facility are 410cm x 387cm (13ft 5in x 12ft 8in).
- The facility changing bench height is adjustable.
- The facility changing bench is free standing.
- The length of the facility changing bench is 190cm (6ft 3in).
- The facility hoist is powered overhead.
- The overhead hoist covers the changing bench and the toilet.
- The sling is attached to the hoist by hook and loop.
- The facility toilet is corner.
- The transfer space on the right as you face the toilet is 233cm (7ft 8in).
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall mounted grab rails are on the left.
- Drop down rails are provided for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the drop down rail(s) is/are on the right.
- The type of wash basin is fixed.
- Wall mounted grab rails are not available at the wash basin.
- Disposal facilities are available.
- A privacy screen is available.
- Wide tear off paper roll is not available.
- The facility has a non-slip floor.
- A functioning emergency alarm is available.
- The facility also has a shower with an adjustable, height shower head and a flip down seat which is 50cm high.
- There is also a manual hoist which can cover the areas not covered by the powered ceiling hoist.
- There is an/are accessible toilet(s) within this venue designated for public use.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is no signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is 20m (21yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located to the left, past the reception desk.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- The door weight is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 180cm x 190cm (5ft 11in x 6ft 3in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is not a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is not a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a coat hook.
- The coat hook is not within 120cm (3ft 11in) from floor level.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall mounted grab rails are on the right.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There are not mirrors.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 48cm (1ft 7in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the towel dispenser is 134cm (4ft 5in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the toilet roll holder is 107cm (3ft 6in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the grab rails and wall is good.
- The contrast between the drop down rails and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is fair.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- There is an identical accessible toilet located adjacent to the toilet that was surveyed.
- This toilet has a folding door which is 92cm wide.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Shared Toilet(s)
- The unisex toilets that were surveyed are located to the left, past the reception desk.
- The unisex toilet(s) is/are 23m (25yd 6in) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the unisex toilet(s).
- Lighting levels are bright.
- The unisex toilet has drop down rails positioned either side of the toilet.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Home visits / services are available.