- If you require transport to paradise wildlife park from Broxbourne station, the venue offers a pick up service. There is a small fee of £3 per adult return and £1 per child (up to the age of 15).
- Under 2's go free.
- Please call the number provided at the station so this can be arranged.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Broxbourne.
- The venue has seasonal opening times.
- Summer - 09.30 to 18.00.
- Winter - 09.30 to 17.00.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is located at the rear of the park.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 10+ designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 350cm x 450cm (11ft 6in x 14ft 9in).
- The nearest designated bay is 44m (48yd 4in) from the welcome centre.
- The furthest designated bay is 90m (98yd 1ft) from the welcome centre.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are uneven surfaces.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The door(s) is / are light.
- The width of the door opening is 160cm (5ft 3in).
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp or slope is located to the left as you face the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is easy.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- The ramp does have handrails.
- The handrails are on the right going up.
- There is a/are step(s) to access this area/service.
- The step(s) is/are located to the right as you face the entrance.
- There is/are 1 step(s) to the area/service.
- There is not tactile paving at the top and bottom of the steps.
- The step(s) is/are not clearly marked.
- The step(s) is/are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The handrail(s) is/are on the left going up.
- The ramp/slope does bypass the step(s).
- There is one shallow step in the doorway.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does play background music.
- Music is played throughout.
- The lighting levels are bright.
Eating and Drinking
- The following information is for the cafe.
- Full table service is available.
- There is not a lowered section at the counter.
- No tables are permanently fixed.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- No chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is approximately 2m (2yd 7in) from the main entrance.
- The standard height for tables is 74cm.
- Plastic / takeaway cups are available.
- Plastic / takeaway cutlery is available.
- Drinking straws are available.
- Menus are wall only.
- Picture menus are not available.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- The type of food served here is hot and cold meals and snacks.
- There is not an/are not accessible toilet(s) within this venue designated for public use.
- The nearest accessible toilet is in Safari Sam's Diner.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Shared Toilet(s)
- The unisex toilets that were surveyed are located at the left of the venue.
- The unisex toilet(s) is/are 10m (10yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the unisex toilet(s).
- Lighting levels are bright.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- An assistance dog toilet area can be provided onsite.
- The assistance dog toilet area is located at the rear of car park 2.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.