- The information in this section was taken in February 2021.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- If you require transport to paradise wildlife park from Broxbourne station, the venue offers a pick up service. There is a small fee of £3 per adult return and £1 per child (up to the age of 15).
- Under 2's go free.
- Please call the number provided at the station so this can be arranged.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Broxbourne.
- The venue has seasonal opening times.
- Summer - 09.30 to 18.00.
- Winter - 09.30 to 17.00.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is free for all users.
Venue Car Park
- The car park is located at the rear of the park.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 10+ designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 350cm x 450cm (11ft 6in x 14ft 9in).
- The nearest designated bay is 44m (48yd 4in) from the welcome centre.
- The furthest designated bay is 90m (98yd 1ft) from the welcome centre.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are uneven surfaces.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 140cm (4ft 7in).
Second set of doors
- There is a small raised threshold in the doorway.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp or slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is moderate.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does play background music.
- Music is played throughout.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are varied.
- There is an easy ramp and shallow step leading up to an additional seating area in the restaurant.
Eating and Drinking
- The following information is for the restaurant.
- Full table service is not available.
- Food or drinks are ordered from the service counter.
- Food or drinks can be brought to the table.
- There is not a lowered section at the counter.
- No tables are permanently fixed.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- No chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is approximately 4m (4yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The standard height for tables is 74cm.
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Plastic / takeaway cups are available.
- Plastic / takeaway cutlery is available.
- Drinking straws are available.
- Menus are wall only.
- Menus are not available in Braille.
- Menus are not available in large print.
- Picture menus are not available.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- The type of food served here is hot and cold meals and snacks.
- There is an/are accessible toilet(s) within this venue designated for public use.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is written text and pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 11m (12yd 1in) from the main entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located to the left of the venue.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 85cm (2ft 9in).
- The door is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 140cm x 200cm (4ft 7in x 6ft 7in).
- There is not sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 58cm (1ft 11in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is not an emergency alarm.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 45cm (1ft 6in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are bright.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located within the accessible toilet.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 90cm (2ft 11in).
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located to the left of the venue.
- The female and male toilets are 12m (13yd 4in) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- An assistance dog toilet area can be provided onsite.
- The assistance dog toilet area is located at the rear of car park 2.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.