- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is located to the rear of platform 1.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a designated drop off point.
- The drop off point is located to the front of the ticket office.
- There is a dropped kerb from the drop off point.
- There is not tactile paving on the dropped kerb.
- Building works are being carried out in the car park to fit a ramp to platform 1.
Level Change (Car Park to Platform 1)
- There is a/are step(s) to access this area/service.
- The step(s) is/are located in the car park.
- There is/are 5 step(s) to the area/service.
- There is not tactile paving at the top and bottom of the steps.
- The step(s) is/are not clearly marked.
- The step(s) is/are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The handrail(s) is/are on the left going up.
- The information in this section was taken in Febraury 2021.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located on either side of the main building.
- There is stepped access at this entrance.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is/are double width.
- The door(s) is/are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 164cm.
- The step(s) is/are located in front of the entrances.
- There is/are 1 step(s).
- The step(s) is/are clearly marked.
- The height of the step(s) is/are between 15cm and 18cm.
- There is not a/are not handrail(s) at the step(s).
Reception (Ticket Office)
- The desk/counter is 4m (4yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to the desk/counter from the entrance.
- The desk/counter is medium height (77cm - 109cm).
- The desk/counter does not have a low (76cm or lower) section.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The type of system is a fixed loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- There are ticket barriers in the ticket hall. The width of the wider ticket barrier is 100cm.
- There are double width manual doors to the rear of the ticket office leading to platform 4. The doors are are heavy, open both ways and are 160cm wide.
- There are generally 1 member(s) of staff on duty.
- The station is staffed.
- There is not an office to obtain help.
- There is a ticket office.
- The ticket office is located ahead as you enter.
- The ticket office is 3m (3yd 10in) from the main entrance.
- The train companies that operate within this station include:.
- Please click here for access information for Thameslink.
- There is a taxi rank at the station.
- The taxi rank is located at the front of the venue.
- The taxi rank is 15m (16yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- There are 4 platform(s) in the station.
- The platform(s) which has/have level access is / are 1 and 4.
- The platform(s) accessed by ramp / slope is / are 4.
- The platform(s) accessed by steps only is / are 1, 2 and 3.
- The platform(s) which can be accessed by using alternative outside access entrances only is / are 1 and 4.
Additional Station Information
- Announcements on platforms are audio and visual.
- Wider ticket barriers are available to access platforms.
- Platforms which have tactile markings at the platform edge are 1,2,3 and 4.
- Accessible toilets are located on the platform(s).
- Accessible toilets are located on platform(s) 4.
- Accessible toilets are not located on the main station concourse.
- There is not a wheelchair available to borrow.
- The footbridge allows access to platforms 1, 2, 3 and 4. The footbridge has handrails on both sides.
- There are 15+, clearly marked medium height steps with handrails on both sides.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- There is written text and pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 24m (26yd 9in) from the main entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located on platform 4.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a shared toilet.
- A key is required for the accessible toilet.
- The key is a radar key.
- The key can be obtained from a member of staff.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is not push pad activated.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- The door is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 130cm x 180cm (4ft 3in x 5ft 11in).
- There is not sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 76cm (2ft 6in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush, however it is not on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is not a mirror.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 46cm (1ft 6in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is not a toilet roll holder.
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are bright.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located within the accessible toilet.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 89cm (2ft 11in).
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located on platform 4.
- The female and male toilets are approximately 22m (24yd 2in) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A bowl of water cannot be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- This service cannot be requested.