- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Sawbridgeworth.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is free for all users.
Venue Car Park
- The car park is located to the rear of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There is/are 0 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user unaided.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are uneven surfaces.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The dropped kerb does not have tactile paving.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- The information in this section was taken in February 2021.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- Monday 09:00 - 18:00.
- Tuesday Closed.
- Wednesday 09:00 - 18:00.
- Thursday 14:00 - 18:00.
- Friday 14:00 - 18:00.
- Saturday 09:00 - 13:00.
- Sunday Closed.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the venue.
- There is ramped/sloped or stepped access at this entrance.
- There is a bell/buzzer.
- The height of the bell/buzzer is 125cm (4ft 1in).
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically (towards you).
- The main automatic door(s) is/are push pad or push button activated.
- The push pad or push button is 54cm from floor level.
- The door(s) is/are single width.
- The door(s) is/are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 103cm.
- There is a second set of doors.
- There are no doors at this entrance.
- The width of the door opening is 81cm.
- The ramp/slope is located to the right as you face the entrance.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is slight.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is not a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the ramp.
- The handrail(s) is/are on both sides.
- The width of the ramp/slope is 120cm (3ft 11in).
- The ramp/slope does bypass the step(s).
- The step(s) is/are located in front of the entrance.
- There is/are 1 step(s).
- The step(s) is/are not clearly marked.
- The height of the step(s) is/are not between 15cm and 18cm.
- The height of the step(s) is/are 14cm.
- There is not a/are not handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The desk/counter is 4m (4yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to the desk/counter from the entrance.
- The desk/counter is low (76cm or lower).
- The lighting levels are bright.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The type of system is a fixed loop.
- The hearing assistance system is signed.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- The hearing assistance system was tested by an AccessAble surveyor.
- The hearing assistance system was tested on 29/01/2020.
- The hearing loop was not fully functional at the time of testing.
- There is a touch screen.
- The touch screen is not at a suitable height for a wheelchair user.
- There is not level access to the service(s).
- This venue does not play background music.
- Motorised scooters are not allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- There is a room upstairs that is used by numerous clubs.
- This room is also available for hire.
- This library does not have a regular supply of books in Braille.
- This library does have a regular supply of books in large print.
- This library does have a regular supply of books in audio format.
- There is an ordering service.
- The library does not have computers with accessible software.
- Auxiliary aids are available for computer users.
- A height adjustable chair is / are available.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G and 1.
- There are 15 steps between floors.
- The steps are not clearly marked.
- The steps are deep (18cm+).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The area(s)/service(s) on the floors which are not accessible is/are a room that is used for clubs and to hire.
- There are not accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- This service cannot be requested.
- Home visits / services are not available.