Show Easy Read
Getting Help and Assistance
- For the racecourse map please click here (new tab).
- There is a member of staff available for help and assistance.
- Staff do not receive disability awareness/equality training.
- There is not a member of staff trained in British Sign Language.
- Staff do not receive deaf awareness training.
- The alternative formats documents can be provided in include; large print on request.
- There is an assistance dog toilet or toileting area at the venue/nearby.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available.
- There are mobility aids available.
- The mobility aids available include wheelchairs.
- To obtain mobility aids please contact the Racecourse reception.
- Huntingdon Racecourse is situated half a mile from the A14 Junction 22. The A14 links with the A1, M1, M11 and M6. This allows for easy access from the North and South, along with the West Midlands and East Coast. parking#6QBpoDk8DjcImq0U.99.
- There is not a bus stop within 150 metres of the venue.
- The nearest Railway Station is Huntingdon.
- The nearest station is Huntingdon which is on the main line from Kings Cross London and is approximately 2.5 miles from the racecourse. A complimentary courtesy car service operates on racedays, between the racecourse and the station. This service runs for 2 hours before the first race and for half an hour either side of the last race.
- For more information on National Rail please click here (opens new tab).
- With prior permission, helicopters can land on the course on racedays. For further details please call the racecourse office on 01480 453 373.
Outside Access (Smith Eccles Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- The entrance area/door is clearly signed.
- There is ramped/sloped access at this entrance.
- There is not a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- The entrance door(s) does/do contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically (away from you).
- The main automatic door(s) is/are push pad or push button activated.
- The push pad or push button is 115cm from floor level.
- The door(s) is/are single width with a locked extension leaf.
- The width of the door opening is 90cm.
- There is a member of staff available for assistance at this entrance.
- The ramp/slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is steep.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is not a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- There is not a/are not handrail(s) at the ramp.
- The room is located directly after the entrance.
- There is step-free access to this area.
- There is step-free access within this area.
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- The type of flooring in this area is carpet.
- The lighting levels are good.
- There is a bar/service counter.
- The height of the bar or service counter is medium height (77cm - 109cm).
- There is not a lowered section of the counter.
- The clear floor space beneath tables in the room(s) is 71cm.
- No tables are permanently fixed.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- No chairs have armrests on both sides.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- Background music varies according to the function/event.
- The type of service provided in this room can vary.
- The layout of the room varies according to what it is being used for.
- There is not an/are not accessible toilet(s) available within the room/suite.
- There are not standard toilets available within the room/suite.
- There is not a separate parent and baby room within the room/suite.
- There is not an/are not accessible toilet(s) for public use.
- The nearest accessible toilet(s) is/are located between the Crowmell Stand and Annual Members entrance or in Lentons Bar.
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- The nearest standard toilet(s) is/are located between the Crowmell Stand and Annual Members entrance or in Lentons Bar.
Related Access Guides
- To view other AccessAble access guides that are related to this one please use the links below.
- Getting around Huntingdon Racecourse link (new tab) - click here.
- Betting Counters around the Racecourse link (new tab) - click here.