- The information in this section was taken in October 2020.
- There have been no changes to the parking.
- The terminal buildings are now restricted to travelling public only and anyone using the services.
- Separate entrances and exits are clearly marked for both Departures and Arrivals.
- Sanitising stations are available throughout both terminals at main entrances and high footfall areas.
- There are internal queuing systems within the terminal buildings and one way systems have been introduced and are clearly marked/signed.
- There are pre-recorded PA announcements in place reminding passengers of social distancing, to wash hands and also to wear face masks.
- Clear signage, posters and floor markings have been installed throughout the terminal buildings.
- Protective clear screens have been installed at Check-in, Disruption desk, information/post office desk, BA lounge and the lost baggage desk in Arrivals.
- There have been no changes to the toilet facilities.
- There is a testing centre set up in the Arrivals Hall which is testing all inbound passengers. Additional staff are available supporting passengers through this process.
- Face masks must be worn throughout the terminal buildings.
- Please click here for the latest well being video advising passengers of the 'new' journey through the airport.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
Getting Help and Assistance
- Special Assistance please click here (new tab).
- There is a member of staff available for help and assistance.
- There is not a member of staff trained in British Sign Language.
- British Sign Language interpreters cannot be provided on request.
- There is an assistance dog toilet or toileting area at the venue/nearby.
- The assistance dog toilet or toileting area is located the grass verge at the end of the Departures Terminal.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are not available.
- There are mobility aids available.
- The mobility aids available include wheelchairs.
- To obtain mobility aids please contact the Special Assistance desk in the Departures Lounge.
- For passengers requiring Special Assistance, please let your airline know of your particular needs at least 48 hours before you travel. They will then make arrangements to ensure your requirements are met.
If you are planning on travelling with your own electric wheelchair, please advise your airline in advance.
Please check in at least 90 minutes before the stated time of departure.
- For Blue Badge bay users wishing to take their Blue Badge with them when travelling abroad, contact the Customer Relations desk to obtain a temporary parking permit to display in the car.
- For passengers with particular needs in relation to autism, dementia or other particular mental health needs, please contact the Customer Relations team by e-mail at least 48 hours before travel, specifying particular requirements. They will then endeavour to meet your needs.
- Swissport operate 'Continental' and Lite model Aviramp portable boarding and disembarking ramps.
- The ramp, when in position, has a steep gradient.
- For ambulant or partial wheelchair users (WCHR, WCHS), passengers usually walk up or down the ramp.
- For full wheelchair users (WCHC), the passenger will normally be transferred to a powered aisle wheelchair for embarkation and disembarkation.
- Depending on the aircraft, other passengers may either use the ramp access at the front or stairs at the rear.
- Upon arrival at the airport, international flights will normally land at stances 1-3 and passengers enter the terminal via Gate 2.
- Passengers will exit the aircraft either by Aviramp or by standard steps and make their way as directed to the gate by the marked pathway.
- At the gate there is an easy ramp with handrail on the left.
- Enter the terminal by the gate door (106cm in width) and turn left to enter passport control.
- The door to enter passport control is 106cm in width, opens away from you (push) and is held open during disembarkation.
- There is one queue, with two aisles at the Passport Control desk.
- The height of the desk is 125cm.
- After Passport Control, exit by the door on the left.
- The door is single, heavy, opens away from you (push) and is 106cm in width.
- Enter the corridor and continue 50m to the Baggage Reclaim and Customs Area entrance.
- Upon arrival at the airport domestic flights will land at any of the 14 stances.
- Passengers will exit the aircraft either by Aviramp or by steps and make their way as directed to the gate by the marked pathway.
- Passengers will enter the terminal via the nearest gate or entrance to the Departure Gates corridor.
- There is an easy ramp with a handrail to every entrance.
- Domestic passengers arriving at stances 1-2 may be directed to the tunnel entrance next to Gate 2.
- The tunnel entrance are double width automatic doors (170cm in width) and are accessed via an easy slope. The entrance opens into the main Departure Gates corridor.
- For passengers arriving at gates 2-6 and 12-13/14 turn left upon entering the corridor.
- For passengers arriving at gates 7-11 turn right upon entering the corridor.
- All passengers should then follow signs to Baggage Reclaim and Way Out.
- To the side of the corridor there is an automatic double door (200cm in width) signed Baggage reclaim.
- Enter the corridor through the doors and continue 50m to the Customs Area entrance.
Entrance (Baggage Reclaim and Customs Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located in the corridor from the Arrivals Corridor.
- The entrance area/door is clearly signed.
- There is step-free access at this entrance.
- The entrance door(s) does/do contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is/are double width.
- The door(s) may be difficult to open.
- The width of the door opening is 227cm.
- There is not a member of staff available for assistance at this entrance.
- There is a slope with a very easy incline.
- The nearest accessible toilet(s) is/are located in Baggage Reclaim.
- The nearest standard toilet(s) is/are located in Baggage Reclaim.