- The racecourse is located on the A308 between Sunbury-on-Thames and Hampton Court, less than one mile from Junction 1 of the M3 via Junction 12 of the M25. Priority car parking is provided to owners and trainers and those with a Blue Badge and this is accessed via Gate 1 in Park Road.
- Free parking is available on all of the racedays. The main car park is free at the majority of fixtures, however this excludes all jump fixtures as well as the 31st March, 7th April, 15th August and 8th September. On all of these fixtures there is a £5 charge per car for the main car park.
- There is a bus stop within 150 metres of the venue.
- The nearest Railway Station is Kempton Park Station.
- Kempton Park Racecourse boasts its own train station on-site – Kempton Park – which is situated 200 yards from the North entrance. Trains run every half an hour direct from London Waterloo with the journey time being just 40 minutes. Please note that trains don't run on Boxing Day but there is a bus service from Turnham Green Underground Station. This station is accessible via tube on this day.
- For more information on National Rail please click here (opens new tab).
Getting Help and Assistance
- For a map of the racecourse please click here (new tab).
- There is a member of staff available for help and assistance.
- Staff receive disability awareness/equality training.
- There is not a member of staff trained in British Sign Language.
- British Sign Language interpreters can be provided on request.
- The alternative formats documents can be provided in include; Braille on request and large print on request.
- There is not an assistance dog toilet or toileting area at the venue/nearby.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available.
- There are not mobility aids available.
- The Festival Enclosure is used once a year for the Winter Festival.
- The rest of the year the enclosure is used for the weekly market and the bar can be hired for events.
- There is stepped access as you enter the enclosure.
- The surface of the paths at the rear of the enclosure are tarmac.
- The Festival Bar is located ahead as you enter.
Approach (Festival Bar to Festival Trackside)
- The surface of the approach is tarmac.
- There is a ramp/slope on the approach.
- The ramp/slope is permanent, has a steep gradient.
- The ramp/slope does bypass the step(s).
- There is a/are step(s) on the approach.
- There is/are 10+ clearly marked step(s), with handrails on both sides.
- Handrails are not at the recommended height (90cm-100cm).
- Handrails do cover the flight of stairs throughout its length.
- Handrails are easy to grip.
- Handrails do not extend horizontally beyond the first and last steps.
- The height of the step(s) is/are between the recommended 15cm and 18cm.
- The height of the step(s) is/are 16cm.
- The going of the step(s) is/are between the recommended 30cm and 45cm.
- There is step free access throughout the Festival Trackside.
- The majority of the surface is tarmac.
- There is a grass surface at the front of the trackside area.
- There is a very slight slope from the rear of the trackside area to the front.
- There is step free access to the front of the steppings.
- There are 1 to 8 steps from the front to the rear of the steppings.
- The seating area is located at the rear of the steppings.
- After the 8 steps at the steppings there are further 3 clearly marked steps to the seating area.
- Once in the seating area there is step free access to the front row of seating.
- There are further 2 to 15+ steps from the second row to the rear row of seating.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- There is not an/are not accessible toilet(s) for public use.
- The nearest accessible toilet(s) is/are located within the Festival Bar.
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- The nearest standard toilet(s) is/are located within the Festival Bar.
Related Access Guides
- To view other DisabledGo access guides that are related to this one please use the links below.
- Getting around the Racecourse link (new tab) - click here.
- Betting counters around the Racecourse link (new tab) - click here.