Location of Room(s)
- Macadam Building 4.2 is located on the fourth floor of the Macadam Building.
- There is step free access from Macadam Building main entrance to Macadam Building 4.2.
- To view the AccessAble Access Guide for Macadam Building please click here (new tab)
- Directional and locational signage for the lecture theatre(s) is available in upper and lower case lettering that is clearly visible.
- The corridor outside the lecture theatre(s) is sufficiently wide enough (150cm+) to allow wheelchair users to pass.
- There is step free access into the lecture theatre(s) from the corridor.
- There is a slight ramp/slope for access to the lecture theatre(s).
- The ramp/slope does not have handrails.
- The door opening width(s) is/are 75cm+ for the lecture theatre(s).
- The door(s) for the lecture theatre(s) is/are not push pad activated.
- There are no designated spaces for wheelchair users within the lecture theatre(s).
- There is space for an assistance dog.
- There is not step free access to the speaker's area at the front of the lecture theatre(s).
- The speaker's area is accessed by a marked step 17cm high with no handrail (shown in photograph 4).
- The lectern is height adjustable.
- The lectern cannot be adjusted between the recommended heights of 80cm and 110cm (lowest part).
- There is not staggered seating within the lecture theatre(s).
- There is a hearing assistance system for the lecture theatre(s).
- The hearing assistance system was not tested at the time of the survey.
- There is not a visual fire alarm beacon in the lecture theatre(s).
- There is not fixed furniture within the lecture theatre(s).
- The clear floor space beneath tables in the room(s) is 71cm.
- A height adjustable table/bench is not available.
- There are no chairs with armrests on both sides within the lecture theatre(s).
- The room does have an unobstructed minimum turning space of 150cm x 150cm.
- Floor coverings in the lecture theatre(s) are even with no trip hazards.
- This room contains a mezzanine level, accessed by 15+ steps 17 cm high, with a handrail on the left hand side going up (shown in photographs 7 and 8). These steps can be overcome using the platform lift on the far side of the room (photograph 10).
- The mezzanine level is not used for teaching. There are 2 audio visual rooms located here.