- AccessAble are aware that there have been changes to this Access Guide, which includes the information for a new lion enclosure and route of the trail. Our surveyors will revisit the venue to update the information as soon as possible, subject to Government restrictions.
- Related link Knowsley Safari Park.
- Related link Knowsley Safari Park - Drive Safari.
- Related link Knowsley Safari Park - Oasis Restaurant.
- For information on parking and general facilities please refer to the Knowsley Safari Park access guide.
- The venue has seasonal opening times.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Prescot or Eccleston Park.
Outside Access (Exploration Trail)
- This information is for the entrance located in the park grounds, at the front of the Exploration Trail.
- There are no doors at this entrance.
- The width of the door opening is 240cm (7ft 10in).
- The pathways in the Exploration Trail are tarmac with easy gradients throughout.
- The majority of the path ways are over 150cm in width.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- There is bench seating and picnic tables along the route.
- Along the route of the Exploration trail you will come across the Giraffe house and viewing platform.
- The doors to access the giraffe house are double width.
- The doors open towards you (pull).
- The doors are held open.
- The width of the opening is 160cm.
- There is a PVC curtain in the doorway.
- There are separate entry and exit doors.
- There is a viewing area once inside the Giraffe house.
- Outside the Giraffe house is a viewing platform accessed via steps.
- There are 13 medium height steps.
- The steps are not clearly marked.
- The steps have handrails on both sides.
- The steps may become slippery during wet weather.
- There is no lift to access the viewing platform.
Giraffe Viewing Platform - stepped access only
- There is a viewing platform overlooking the Tapir, Capybara and Sitatunga.
- There is an easy slope leading down to the platform.
- The platform has a wood surface so it could become slippery in wet weather.
- Picnic benches are available to sit on.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents are not available in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- This service cannot be requested.
- There is not a member of staff available at the entrance.
- There is hand sanitiser available at the entrance.
- The hand sanitisers are wall mounted.
- There is not a limited number of people allowed inside.
- There is a one-way system throughout.
- The one-way system is clearly marked/signed.
- There is clear signage inside to help with social distancing.
- There are protective clear screens located at tills/counters.