- This is an inpatient unit property.
- Services within the building include: Rehabilitation Residential Accommodation.
- Exit the M6 at Junction 28 and head to Leyland on the A49.
Getting Help and Assistance
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- British Sign Language interpreters can be provided on request.
- Language interpreters can be provided on request.
- The alternative formats documents can be provided in include; Braille on request and large print on request.
- There is not a wheelchair to borrow to aid transferring around the building.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available.
- Home visits services are not available.
On Street Standard Parking
- Standard on street parking is available.
Bus Stop(s) and Drop-off Point(s)
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- The entrance area/door is not clearly signed.
- There is stepped access at this entrance.
- There is not a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- The entrance door(s) does/do contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- The intercom is not in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is/are single width.
- The door(s) is/are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 76cm.
- The step(s) is/are located at the front of the entrance.
- There is/are 1 step(s).
- The step(s) is/are not clearly marked.
- There is not tactile paving at the top and bottom of the step(s).
- The height of the step(s) is/are not between the recommended 15cm and 18cm.
- The going of the step(s) is/are between the recommended 30cm and 45cm.
- There is not a/are not handrail(s) at the step(s).
Getting Around The Building
- There is step free access throughout the ground floor.
- There are not doors in corridors which have to be opened manually.
- The type of flooring in walkways and corridors is laminate.
- There is flooring in corridors which includes patterns or colours which could be confusing or look like steps or holes to some people.
- There is some flooring in corridors which is shiny and could cause issues with glare or look slippery to some people.
- Handrails with a rounded or oval profile are not provided in corridors.
- There is good colour contrast between the walls and floor in all corridors.
- The lighting levels are varied.
- Wayfinding signage is not provided.
- The colour, design and typeface of signs is consistent throughout the building.
- Dementia friendly signage is not provided.
- There is not a designated place of safety which can be used by people with dementia, autism or learning disabilities.
- This venue does not play background music in public areas.
- There is not a hearing assistance system in the public areas of the building.
- Signs indicating the location of the stairs are not clearly visible from the entrance.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G, 1.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The height of the step(s) is/are between the recommended 15cm and 18cm.
- The going of the step(s) is/are not between the recommended 30cm and 45cm.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- Handrails are at the recommended height (90cm-100cm).
- Handrails do not cover the flight of stairs throughout its length.
- Handrails are not easy to grip.
- Handrails do not extend horizontally beyond the first and last steps.
- Clear signs indicating the facilities on each floor of the building are not provided on landings.
- The lighting levels are good.
- The area(s)/service(s) on the floors which are not accessible is/are staff bedrooms.
- Accessible toilet facilities are not available.
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Shared Toilet(s)
- The shared toilets that were surveyed are located on the ground floor.
- The shared toilet(s) is/are approximately 3m (3yd 10in) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the shared toilet(s).
- There is no signage on or near the toilet door.
- An ambulant toilet with wall mounted grab rails is not available.
- The tap type is twist/turn.
- There is not a flashing fire alarm beacon within the toilets.
- Lighting levels are good.