- This is a resource centre property.
- Services within the building include: Learning Disability Services.
- Monday 08:00 - 17:00.
- Tuesday 08:00 - 17:00.
- Wednesday 08:00 - 17:00.
- Thursday 08:00 - 17:00.
- Friday 08:00 - 17:00.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
Getting Here (Burnleywood Resource Centre)
- The Resource Centre is located South East of Burnley town centre just off the A671 (Todmorden Road).
- There is no parking available.
- The nearest bus stop is on Todmorden Road, approximately 55 metres away.
- The nearest train station is Burley Manchester Road, approximately 1.6 km away.
- Traveline Journey Planner.
- To view the web page described above click here (opens in new tab).
Getting Help and Assistance
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- British Sign Language interpreters can be provided on request.
- Language interpreters can be provided on request.
- The alternative formats documents can be provided in include; Braille on request, large print on request, Makaton on request, different languages on request, voice recognition CD on request and audio on request.
- There is not a wheelchair to borrow to aid transferring around the building.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are not available.
- Home visits services are not available.
Bus Stop(s) and Drop-off Point(s)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- The entrance area/door is clearly signed.
- There is ramped/sloped access at this entrance.
- There is not a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- The entrance door(s) does not/do not contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is/are single width.
- The door(s) is/are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 90cm.
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
- The ramp/slope is located on the approach to the entrance door.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is steep.
- The reception point is located immediately to the right on entering the building.
- The reception point is approximately 1m (3ft 3in) from the main entrance.
- The reception area/desk is clearly visible from the entrance.
- There is step free access to the reception point.
- There is a clear unobstructed route to the reception point.
- There are windows, glazed screens or mirrors behind the reception point which could adversely affect the ability of someone to lip read.
- The lighting levels at the reception point are good.
- The counter is staffed.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
Reception Waiting Area
- There is a waiting area close to the reception point.
- Access to the waiting area is unobstructed.
- There is not sufficient space for a wheelchair user to use the waiting area.
- The seats do not have armrests.
- The outside door opens directly into the waiting area.
- There is an office next to the waiting area with a glazed window where staff can view anyone entering the building.
- The window has a small speaker grille where the staff can speak to visitors.
Getting Around The Building
- There is step free access throughout the building.
- There are doors in corridors which have to be opened manually.
- The type of flooring in walkways and corridors is vinyl.
- There is some flooring in corridors which is shiny and could cause issues with glare or look slippery to some people.
- Handrails with a rounded or oval profile are not provided in corridors.
- There is poor colour contrast between the walls and floor in all corridors.
- The lighting levels are good.
- Wayfinding signage is not provided.
- There is not a designated place of safety which can be used by people with dementia, autism or learning disabilities.
- This venue does not play background music in public areas.
- There is not a hearing assistance system in the public areas of the building.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is located on the corridor.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 24m (26yd 9in) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens inwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The door is heavy.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 88cm (2ft 11in).
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 253cm x 147cm (8ft 4in x 4ft 10in).
- The accessible toilet does not have an unobstructed minimum turning space of 150cm x 150cm.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- The lateral transfer space was obstructed at the time of the survey.
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- There is not a spatula type lever flush.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is not an emergency alarm.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are female sanitary and general domestic waste disposal units.
- There is not a flashing fire alarm beacon within the cubicle.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on the left.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 48cm (1ft 7in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the towel dispenser is 130cm (4ft 3in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a soap dispenser.
- The soap dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The height of the soap dispenser is 120cm.
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The toilet seat colour contrast is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located on the corridor.
- The female and male toilets are approximately 24m (26yd 9in) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- An ambulant toilet with wall mounted grab rails is not available.
- Lighting levels are medium.