- Related link Sharoe Green Unit.
- The Baby Beat Shop is located within the Sharoe Green Unit foyer.
- It is accessible via the Sharoe Green Unit Main Entrance.
- Monday 10:00 - 20:00.
- Tuesday 10:00 - 20:00.
- Wednesday 10:00 - 20:00.
- Thursday 10:00 - 20:00.
- Friday 10:00 - 20:00.
- Saturday 11:00 - 17:00.
- Sunday 10:00 - 18:00.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Preston.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Preston.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is not free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is located at the front of the building.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 10 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 340cm x 500cm (11ft 2in x 16ft 5in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 40m (43yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 58m (63yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are uneven surfaces.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The dropped kerb does have tactile paving.
- There is a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The road is generally quiet.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is a designated drop off point.
- The drop off point is located at the front of the venue.
- There is a dropped kerb from the drop off point.
- There is not tactile paving on the dropped kerb.
Parking Charges Update from the Trust
- Up to 30 minutes FREE
- Up to 1 hour £2.50
- Up to 2 hours £3.50
- Up to 4 hours £5.50
- Up to 6 hours £6.00
- Up to 8 hours £8.00
- More than 8 hours £10.00
- The same charges apply to both blue badge holders and other car park users at the majority of hospital trusts in the region.
- Healthcare Travel Costs Scheme (HTCS):
- If you are referred to us for NHS treatment or diagnostic tests by your doctor, dentist or other health professional, you may be able to claim a refund of reasonable travel costs under the Healthcare Travel Costs Scheme (HTCS).
- Free parking is also provided for cancer patients receiving regular treatment, renal patients, parents/guardians of children, intensive care visitors, and families of long stay patients. Exemption letters can be provided by ward managers and will be required when exiting the car parks.
- Dialysis patients can obtain a temporary car parking permit from the Dialysis Unit, allowing parking in the designated car park spaces allocated specifically for dialysis patients.
- Discounted seven day tickets are available to patients and visitors for £30. Information about discounted tickets is displayed at the pay stations and tickets can be purchased from the General Office at both hospitals.
- Drop off points are available on both hospital sites and are clearly signposted.
- Pay stations take both bank cards and cash.
- General Office hours are 09.00 – 16.30, Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays).
- If you have a query or need advice about parking options and charges please contact :
- General Office, Chorley and South Ribble Hospital 01257 245661
- General Office, Royal Preston Hospital 01772 522528
- Car Parking Office, Royal Preston email [email protected]
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The width of the door opening is 166cm (5ft 5in).
Second set of doors
- There is a second set of doors.
- The door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The width of the door opening is 180cm (5ft 11in).
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is easy.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
Outside Access (Unit Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located within the main foyer of the Sharoe Green Unit.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The door(s) is / are permanently held open.
- The width of the door opening is 92cm (3ft).
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The hearing assistance system is available only on request.
- The system is a portable loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Wayfinding signage is not available.
- The type of flooring in walkways and corridors is vinyl/laminate.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The counter is 1m (3ft 3in) from the unit entrance.
- There is level access to the counter from the entrance.
- There is sufficient space to write or sign documents on the counter.
- The height of the counter is medium height (77cm - 109cm).
- There is not a lowered section.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Accessible toilet facilities are not available.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available within the main foyer of the Sharoe Green Unit.
- Standard toilet facilities are available within the main foyer of the Sharoe Green Unit.
Additional Info Health
- Disability awareness / equality training can be provided for hospital staff.
- Disability awareness training are provided for staff.
- The most commonly produced documents could be provided in other formats.
- Documents in Braille, large print, audio, different languages and voice recognition CD format can be requested.
- Assistance dogs are allowed in most areas of the hospital.
- Areas with a high risk from infection, such as intensive care and wards should be contacted in advance before accessing with assistance dogs.
- BSL interpreters can be provided on request.
- Language interpreters can be provided on request.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.
- Switchboard staff are Text Relay aware.
- Help with luggage is generally available for inpatients.
- The mobility aids available include mobile hoists, wheelchairs, tri wheel walkers, shower chairs, commodes, walking sticks, walking frames, hoist slings, adjustable beds and crutches.
- There is not a charge for mobility aids.
- Children are welcomed at the venue.
- Portable hearing loops can be provided on request.
- A mobility scooter charging point is not available at the venue.