COVID-19 Information (Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust)
- Related link Main Hospital Entrance.
- The Patient Advice & Liaison Service is located to the right as you enter via the main hospital entrance.
- It is accessible via the main hospital entrance.
- Monday 09:00 - 16:00.
- Tuesday 09:00 - 16:00.
- Wednesday 09:00 - 16:00.
- Thursday 09:00 - 16:00.
- Friday 09:00 - 16:00.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Preston.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Preston.
Parking (Car Park B)
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is not free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is located at the front of the hospital.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 10+ Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 440cm x 460cm (14ft 5in x 15ft 1in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 15m (16yd 1ft) from the main hospital entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 58m (63yd 1ft) from the main hospital entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are uneven surfaces.
- The car park surface is concrete.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The dropped kerb does have tactile paving.
- There is a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The road is generally quiet.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is a designated drop off point.
- The drop off point is located at the front of the main hospital entrance.
- There is a dropped kerb from the drop off point.
- There is tactile paving on the dropped kerb.
Parking Charges Update from the Trust
- Up to 30 minutes FREE
- Up to 1 hour £2.50
- Up to 2 hours £3.50
- Up to 4 hours £5.50
- Up to 6 hours £6.00
- Up to 8 hours £8.00
- More than 8 hours £10.00
- The same charges apply to both blue badge holders and other car park users at the majority of hospital trusts in the region.
- Healthcare Travel Costs Scheme (HTCS):
- If you are referred to us for NHS treatment or diagnostic tests by your doctor, dentist or other health professional, you may be able to claim a refund of reasonable travel costs under the Healthcare Travel Costs Scheme (HTCS).
- Free parking is also provided for cancer patients receiving regular treatment, renal patients, parents/guardians of children, intensive care visitors, and families of long stay patients. Exemption letters can be provided by ward managers and will be required when exiting the car parks.
- Dialysis patients can obtain a temporary car parking permit from the Dialysis Unit, allowing parking in the designated car park spaces allocated specifically for dialysis patients.
- Discounted seven day tickets are available to patients and visitors for £30. Information about discounted tickets is displayed at the pay stations and tickets can be purchased from the General Office at both hospitals.
- Drop off points are available on both hospital sites and are clearly signposted.
- Pay stations take both bank cards and cash.
- General Office hours are 09.00 – 16.30, Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays).
- If you have a query or need advice about parking options and charges please contact :
- General Office, Chorley and South Ribble Hospital 01257 245661
- General Office, Royal Preston Hospital 01772 522528
- Car Parking Office, Royal Preston email [email protected]
Outside Access (Main Hospital Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the hospital.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The width of the door opening is 105cm (3ft 5in).
Second set of doors
- There is a second set of doors.
- The door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The width of the door opening is 110cm (3ft 7in).
Level Change (Main Hospital Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is easy.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- This information is for the entrance located into the unit.
- The entrance area/door is clearly signed with the name of the service/department.
- There is step free access at this entrance.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is/are single width.
- The door(s) is/are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 74cm.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Motorised scooters are not allowed in public parts of the venue.
- Wayfinding signage is not available.
- No Braille signage is available.
- No tactile signage is available.
- No pictorial signage is available.
- The type of flooring in walkways and corridors is carpet.
- The lighting levels are varied.
- Accessible toilet facilities are not available.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available on the Outpatients corridor.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- Standard toilet facilities are located to the rear of the main hospital entrance waiting area.
Additional Info Health
- Disability awareness / equality training can be provided for hospital staff.
- Disability awareness training are provided for staff.
- The most commonly produced documents could be provided in other formats.
- Documents in Braille, large print, audio, different languages and voice recognition CD format can be requested.
- Assistance dogs are allowed in most areas of the hospital.
- Areas with a high risk from infection, such as intensive care and wards should be contacted in advance before accessing with assistance dogs.
- BSL interpreters can be provided on request.
- Language interpreters can be provided on request.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.
- Switchboard staff are Text Relay aware.
- Help with luggage is generally available for inpatients.
- The mobility aids available include mobile hoists, wheelchairs, tri wheel walkers, shower chairs, commodes, walking sticks, walking frames, hoist slings, adjustable beds and crutches.
- There is not a charge for mobility aids.
- Children are welcomed at the venue.
- Portable hearing loops can be provided on request.
- A mobility scooter charging point is not available at the venue.