COVID-19 Information (Lancaster University)
- Services / facilities within the building include Guest Room Reception, conference space and Commercial Services administration offices.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the campus.
- This venue is situated in the North Campus.
- The nearest mainline station is Lancaster.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is located in front of the building on Bowland Avenue East, outside Ash House.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 2 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 407cm x 608cm (13ft 4in x 19ft 11in).
- Designated parking bays are clearly marked.
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 27m (29yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 30m (32yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The dropped kerb does not have tactile paving.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- Standard parking and additional Blue Badge bays are available further down on Bowland Avenue East. The standard parking is shown in photos 3 and 4.
- For more information on parking available on campus, please see the University Car Parking Policy.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) both ways.
- The door(s) is / are double (with one leaf locked).
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 75cm (2ft 6in).
- The entrance can be made 143cm wide by opening the second door internally.
- This can only be opened outwards.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is easy.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is not a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- The ramp does not have handrails.
- The desk/counter is 4m (4yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to the desk/counter from the entrance.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The desk/counter is high (110cm+).
- The desk/counter does not have a low (76cm or lower) section.
- The desk/counter is staffed.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The type of system is a portable loop.
- The hearing system is available only on request.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- The reception desk is located directly to the left as you enter.
- There is seating available in the foyer.
- There is a 2 seater sofa with armrests.
- There are chairs with armrests.
- There is a table.
- The height of the table is 102cm.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are varied.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- Customers can charge scooters or wheelchairs at the venue.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located to the right as you enter the building.
- The lift is a platform lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are G-1.
- The lift is approximately 5m (5yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- Staff do need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The dimensions of the lift are 80cm x 105cm (2ft 7in x 3ft 5in).
- The lighting level in the lift is medium.
- A key is required to operate this lift and is available from reception.
- The lift gives access to the staff offices on the first floor.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1.
- The stairs are located to the right as you enter the building.
- The stairs are approximately 4m from the main entrance.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium (11cm - 17cm).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on the left going up.
- There is a landing.
- Shower facilities are available.
- The shower(s) surveyed is/are located within the male and female standard toilet area.
- There is a door to access the standard showers.
- The door in the male toilet area opens towards you (pull).
- The door in the female standard toilet area opens away from you (push).
- There is a deep step to access the shower.
- The door is light.
- The door is 67cm wide.
- There are not accessible toilet facilities within this venue.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located along the corridor to the rear of reception.
- The female and male toilets are approximately 11m (12yd 1in) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.