Show Easy Read
- Services / facilities within the building include underground bus stops and a through road.
- Lancaster University is located to the South of the City of Lancaster, off the A6. The University can be accessed via Junction 33 of the M6.
- There are a number of car parks throughout the site. The main car parks are located on Bowland Avenue and South West Drive.
- Local buses stop are available to the Southern Perimeter bus stop on South Drive, the Furness College bus stop on South East Drive, and the Underpass at the centre of the campus.
- The nearest railway station is Lancaster, approximately 3.9 miles from the University. Buses are available from the station to the University.
- To see more information on Disability Services please click here (opens new tab).
- Telephone Number: 01524 592111.
- Email: email@example.com.
- To see more information on Health Services please click here (opens new tab).
- Telephone Number: 01524 387780.
- To see more information on Wellbeing, Counselling, and Mental Health please click here (opens new tab).
- Telephone Number: 01524 592 690.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To see more information on The Base please click here (opens new tab).
- Telephone Number: 01524 592525.
- Email: email@example.com.
- To see more information on Accommodation please click here (opens new tab).
- Telephone Number: 01524 594910.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Outside Access (Alexandra Square Costa Coffee Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located just outside of Costa Coffee on Alexandra Square.
- There is stepped access at this entrance.
- There is not a bell/buzzer.
- There is not an intercom.
- There is a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- There are no doors at this entrance.
- The width of the door opening is 277cm (9ft 1in).
- There is a / are step(s) at this entrance.
- The step(s) is / are located just before the entrance leading from Alexandra Square.
- There is / are 15+ step(s) to access the entrance.
- There is tactile paving at the top and bottom of the step(s).
- The step(s) is / are clearly marked.
- The step(s) is / are medium (11cm - 17cm).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The handrails are on both sides.
- There is a lift to access this entrance.
- The lift does bypass the step(s).
- There is a similar entrance to this one on Alexandra Square opposite the library.
- There is bench seating which is sheltered just before the stairwell at each entrance to the underpass.
- There is step free access throughout the building via lift(s).
- There are not doors in corridors which have to be opened manually.
- There is good colour contrast between the walls and floor in all areas.
- The lighting levels are good.
- This building does not play background music.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located on Alexandra Square facing the library.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are LG, G.
- Wall mounted information boards are not provided at lift landings.
- The weight limit for the lift is 1000kg.
- The lift is approximately 10m (10yd 2ft) from the library.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 148cm x 148cm (4ft 10in x 4ft 10in).
- There are separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is not a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The lift does have a hearing loop system.
- The lift does not have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- The lighting level in the lift is medium.
- Buses drop off passengers at one end of the stand and pick up at the other end.
- Passengers wait on the pavement.
- There is lean against seating located along the bus platform.
- The lean against seating does not have armrests.
- There is a bench seat located on the pavement close to the lift.
- The bench seat does not have armrests.