- Braintree Village is located, just off B1018, to the south east of Braintree.
- Braintree Village has 2 car parks located north and south of the shopping village.
Free parking is available to all Braintree Village Shoppers, with 1,500 space available.
- There is a bus stop within 150 metres of the shopping centre.
- For more information on bus timelines please click here (opens new tab).
- The nearest railway station is Braintree Freeport.
- Braintree Freeport station is approximately 322ft from the shopping village.
- For more information on Greater Anglia please click here (opens new tab).
- For more information on National Rail - Braintree Freeport please click here (opens new tab).
Getting Help and Assistance
- There is not a designated place of safety which can be used by people with dementia, autism or learning disabilities.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available.
- There are mobility aids available.
- The mobility aids available include wheelchairs.
- To obtain mobility aids please contact guest services.
Parking (North Car Park)
- The shopping centre does have its own parking facilities.
- The car park is located at the north side of the shopping centre.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- The car park does not have a barrier control system.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a/are Blue Badge parking bay(s) available.
- The Blue Badge bay(s) is/are clearly marked.
- There is/are 10+ designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) surveyed are 240cm x 480cm (7ft 10in x 15ft 9in).
- There is a 120cm marked zone around the Blue Badge parking bay(s).
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- Clearly marked/signposted parent and child parking bays are available.
- There are no parking charges for the car park.
- Parking is free for visitors of the venue.
- Payment signs are provided.
- Payment signs are clearly presented.
- Payment signs are located at the entrance to the car park and throughout the car park.
- Payment term signs do make it clear if parking charges apply to Blue Badge holders.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
Access from the Car Park
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is/are dropped kerbs.
- The entrance is clearly visible from the car park.
- The surface on the approach to the entrance is tarmac and block paving.
- There is a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- There is tactile paving on dropped kerbs between the car park and the entrance.
- The nearest designated Blue Badge parking bay is approximately 7m (7yd 1ft) from the north entrance.
- There is not a/are not clearly marked drop-off point(s).
Getting to the North Entrance
- From the nearest Blue Badge bays turn left on to the red tarmac and continue straight.
- There is a pedestrian crossing to cross the road.
- There is tactile paving on both sides of the crossing.
- Once across the road there is a long slight slope on the path leading to the north entrance.
- The path is block paved.