- The information in this section was taken in October 2020.
- The Galleria opening times remain as normal but are subject to change due to any new COVID19 measures please check the Galleria website before you set off.
Please check on the Galleria website for stores individual opening hours.
- An external queuing system (with social distancing markings) has been introduced outside the North ground level entrance near Choice.
- To assist in social distancing measures the following entrances/exits will be open:
The multi-storey car park into main mall entrances;
North ground level main mall entrance/exit (there is now one entrance door by the Choice store and one exit by the ex Sega store);
South ground level main mall entrance/exit (there will be one entrance door near TK Maxx and one exit door by the ex Nike store unit);
The undercroft area's entrance and exit doors (by McDonalds/Burger King are open but only as a walk through route towards the main mall, taking you outside onto the footpath next to the Plaza car park in order to access the bridge from the undercroft area, as per previously).
- Additional staff are positioned to entrances during peak times.
- Additional hand sanitising stations have been installed at all entrances and around the mall.
- The introduction of hand sanitising stations may reduce the manoeuvring space in lobby areas.
- There is currently a capacity limit of 2000, should the centre reach capacity, a one in one out policy will be implemented.
- A one way system has been introduced on the malls to assist with social distancing and people are now asked to use the lift to go up only and the stairs to go down only.
- Signage is available to ensure people keep to the left in corridors.
Markings have been added to the floor to assist with social distancing and signs have been put up on the mall to remind people to keep 2 metres apart.
- There is a protective screen at the customer services desk.
- All toilets are open but are subject to change should COVID 19 measures enhance. On busy times the toilets are staffed with a one in one out policy.
- Changing facilities are all open but are subject to change should COVID 19 measures enhance.
- Face coverings and "givemespace lanyards" are available from the customer services desk should a customer be exempt from wearing a mask.
- The venue is certified with the 'We’re Good To Go’ COVID-19 industry standard.
- For more information on the 'We're Good to Go' Industry Standard please click here.
- The Galleria is located in the centre of Hatfield, just off the A1 between junctions 3 and 4.
If coming from junction 3 follow the A1001 northwards.
If coming from junction 4 follow the A1001 southwards.
- There are 3 car parks at The Galleria. 2 of which are open-air and 1 is multi-storey.
There are several Blue Badge bays in each car park.
- There is a bus stop within 150 metres of the shopping centre.
- The nearest bus stop is located on Cavendish Way, approximately 0.2 miles from The Galleria.
- For more information on Bus timelines please click here (opens new tab).
- The nearest railway station is Hatfield.
- Hatfield Station is approximately 1.6 miles from the venue.
- For more information on Hatfield Station (National Rail) please click here (opens new tab).
- For more information on Thameslink Railway please click here (opens new tab).
Getting Help and Assistance
- British Sign Language interpreters cannot be provided on request.
- There is not an assistance dog toilet or toileting area at the venue/nearby.
- There is a designated place of safety which can be used by people with dementia, autism or learning disabilities.
- The place of safety is located in a void unit on the lower level.
Customers who would like to use this space need to visit the customer service desk beforehand.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available.
- There are mobility aids available.
- The mobility aids available include wheelchairs, motorised wheelchairs and mobility scooters.
- To obtain mobility aids please contact the venue on 01707 278 301 or book in advance.
- Please note when hiring a scooter or wheelchair, ID is required (proof of address) or your disabled badge.
- The shopping centre does have its own parking facilities.
- The car park is located off Comet Way.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- The car park does have a height restriction barrier.
- The maximum height of the restriction barrier is 210cm (6ft 11in).
- The car park does not have a barrier control system.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a/are Blue Badge parking bay(s) available.
- The Blue Badge bay(s) is/are clearly marked.
- There is/are 10 designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) surveyed are 530cm x 620cm (17ft 5in x 20ft 4in).
- There is a 120cm marked zone around the Blue Badge parking bay(s).
- The dimensions of other designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) vary in size.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- Clearly marked/signposted parent and child parking bays are not available.
- All parking spaces are provided on a first come first served basis.
- There are additional car parks for visitors.
- There are parking charges for the car park.
- Parking is not free for visitors of the venue.
- Payment signs are provided.
- Payment signs are clearly presented.
- Payment signs are located throughout the car park and at the payment machines in the building.
- Payment term signs do make it clear if parking charges apply to Blue Badge holders.
- Free parking for Blue Badge holders is for 3 hours only.
- To see the parking charges please click here (opens new tab).
- Payment machines are located on the lower and upper levels of the shopping centre.
- There is a payment machine at a convenient height for wheelchair users.
- There is a level turning space (minimum 185cm x 210cm) in front of the payment machine(s).
- There is not a/are not clearly marked drop-off point(s).
North Car Park to Lower Level North Entrance
- From the nearest Blue Badge bay, head up the path towards the venue and turn left at the dropped kerb.
- Head forward along the path and then take a right.
- Use the zebra crossing to cross the McDonald’s drive-thru access road which has dropped kerbs and tactile paving on both sides.
- There are planters in the entrance walkway which restricts the access to 120cm.
- The surface of the ground in this area is a mixture of block paving and tarmac.
Outside Access (North Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the north side of the shopping centre.
- This entrance gives access to the north of the lower level.
- The entrance area/door is clearly signed.
- This entrance sign says 'Welcome'.
- There is step-free access at this entrance.
- There is a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- There is a dark mat or floor marking at this entrance that might be perceived as a hole.
- The entrance door(s) does not/do not contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is/are double width.
- The width of the door opening is 180cm.
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
Related Access Guides (The Galleria)
- To view other AccessAble access guides that are related to this one please use the links below.
- The Galleria - Lower Level Main link (new tab) - click here.
- The Galleria - Lower Level North link (new tab) - click here.
- The Galleria - Upper Level link (new tab) - click here.
- The Galleria - Customer Services link (new tab) - click here.