Show Easy Read
- The Galleria is located in the centre of Hatfield, just off the A1 between junctions 3 and 4.
If coming from junction 3 follow the A1001 northwards.
If coming from junction 4 follow the A1001 southwards.
- There are 3 car parks at The Galleria. 2 of which are open-air and 1 is multi-storey.
There are several Blue Badge bays in each car park.
- There is not a bus stop within 150 metres of the shopping centre.
- The nearest bus stop is located on Cavendish Way, approximately 0.2 miles from The Galleria.
- For more information on Bus timelines please click here (opens new tab).
- The nearest railway station is Hatfield.
- Hatfield Station is approximately 1.6 miles from the venue.
- For more information on Hatfield Station (National Rail) please click here (opens new tab).
- For more information on Thameslink Railway please click here (opens new tab).
Getting Help and Assistance
- British Sign Language interpreters cannot be provided on request.
- There is not an assistance dog toilet or toileting area at the venue/nearby.
- There is not a designated place of safety which can be used by people with dementia, autism or learning disabilities.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available.
- There are not mobility aids available.
- The shopping centre does have its own parking facilities.
- The car park is located off Comet Way.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- The car park does have a height restriction barrier.
- The maximum height of the restriction barrier is 210cm (6ft 11in).
- The car park does not have a barrier control system.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a/are Blue Badge parking bay(s) available.
- The Blue Badge bay(s) is/are clearly marked.
- There is/are 10 designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) surveyed are 530cm x 620cm (17ft 5in x 20ft 4in).
- There is a 120cm hatched zone around the Blue Badge parking bay(s).
- The dimensions of other designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) vary in size.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- Clearly marked/signposted parent and child parking bays are not available.
- All parking spaces are provided on a first come first served basis.
- There are additional car parks for visitors.
- There are parking charges for the car park.
- Parking is not free for visitors of the venue.
- Payment signs are provided.
- Payment signs are clearly presented.
- Payment signs are located throughout the car park and at the payment machines in the building.
- Payment term signs do make it clear if parking charges apply to Blue Badge holders.
- Parking is not free for Blue Badge holders.
- Free parking for Blue Badge holders is for 3 hours only.
- To see the parking charges please click here (opens new tab).
- Payment machines are located on the lower and upper levels of the shopping centre.
- There is not a payment machine at a convenient height for wheelchair users.
- There is a level turning space (minimum 185cm x 210cm) in front of the payment machine(s).
- There is not a/are not clearly marked drop-off point(s).
North Car Park to Lower Level North Entrance
- From the nearest Blue Badge bay, head up the path towards the venue and turn left at the dropped kerb.
- Head forward along the path and then take a right.
- Use the zebra crossing to cross the McDonald’s drive-thru access road which has dropped kerbs and tactile paving on both sides.
- There are planters in the entrance walkway which restricts the access to 120cm.
- The surface of the ground in this area is a mixture of block paving and tarmac.
Outside Access (North Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the north side of the shopping centre.
- This entrance gives access to the north of the lower level.
- The entrance area/door is clearly signed.
- This entrance sign says 'Welcome'.
- There is step-free access at this entrance.
- There is a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- There is a dark mat or floor marking at this entrance that might be perceived as a hole.
- The entrance door(s) does not/do not contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is/are double width.
- The width of the door opening is 180cm.
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
- The ramp/slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is slight.
- There are planters in the entrance walkway.
- The width between the planters is 141cm.
Related Access Guides (The Galleria)
- To view other AccessAble access guides that are related to this one please use the links below.
- The Galleria - Lower Level Main link (new tab) - click here.
- The Galleria - Lower Level North link (new tab) - click here.
- The Galleria - Upper Level link (new tab) - click here.
- The Galleria - Customer Services link (new tab) - click here.