Show Easy Read
Location of Room(s)
- The Great Hall is/are located next to the main entrance on the ground floor of the James Graham Building.
- To view the DisabledGo access guide for James Graham Building please click here (new tab).
- The Great Hall is clearly signed.
- The entrance corridor has a width greater then 150cm.
- There is step free access into the Great Hall.
- The entrance doors have a width greater than 75cm.
- They are push pad automatic.
- The speaker's area is accessed via two sets of stairs. One has six medium steps that are not clearly marked and has a handrail on the right. The other has handrails on both sides.
- These can be bypassed by an enclosed platform lift.
- There is no flashing fire alarm.
- There is no hearing loop.
- There is no fixed furniture.
- The tables have a height of 70cm.
- There are no chairs with armrests.
- There is a turning space.
- There are no trip hazards.
Lift (Stage Lift)
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located to the left of the stage.
- The lift is a platform lift.
- The lift is approximately 23m (25yd 6in) from the great hall entrance.
- Staff do need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 79cm (2ft 7in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 72cm x 140cm (2ft 4in x 4ft 7in).
- There are separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is not a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does not have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does not have an audible announcer.
- The lift does not have a hearing loop system.
- The lift does not have Braille markings.
- The lift does not have tactile markings.
- The controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- The lighting level in the lift is bright.