Show Easy Read
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Letchworth Garden City.
- Monday Closed.
- Tuesday Closed.
- Wednesday Closed.
- Thursday 09:30 - 16:00.
- Friday 09:30 - 16:00.
- Saturday 09:30 - 16:00.
- Sunday Closed.
- Winter opening hours are:
- Saturday 09:30 - 16:00
- Sunday 10:00 - 15:30.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Public Car Parks
- There is a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
- The name of the car park is The Wynd Car Park.
- The car park is located off Openshaw Way.
Blue Badge On Street Parking
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are not available.
Standard On Street Parking
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are available.
- Standard marked parking bays are located on Station Road.
Drop off Point
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located off Station Road.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The door(s) is / are permanently held open.
- The width of the door opening is 160cm (5ft 3in).
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp or slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is easy.
- The walkway through the market is very narrow in places.
- The surface of the walkway is mostly even and consists of block paving.
- The market stalls sell mostly antique furniture and pre-loved goods.
Main Entrance to Accessible and Standard Toilets
- Starting facing the main entrance, turn left and continue ahead towards The Wynd (photograph 1).
- After 15 metres, turn right onto The Wynd and continue ahead. (photograph 2 and 3).
- After 40 metres turn right into the Green House (photograph 4).
- The path from the main entrance to the Green House is mostly even and consists of block paving.
- Having entered, there is an easy upwards slope along the entirety of this section of the route (as shown in photographs 5 and 6).
- There is a level landing approximately half way up the slope where the standard female and male toilets are located.
- The accessible toilet is located to the left upon reaching the top of the slope.
- The section of path between the top of the slope and the accessible toilet consists entirely of tactile paving (as shown in photograph 7).
- There is an/are accessible toilet(s) within this venue designated for public use.
Location and Access
- The toilet is for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is located off The Wynd.
- There is not level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is required for the accessible toilet.
- The key is a radar key.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is not push pad activated.
- There is no lock for the toilet door.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 85cm (2ft 9in).
- The door is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 180cm x 250cm (5ft 11in x 8ft 2in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 120cm (3ft 11in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush, however it is not on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are not available in the cubicle.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is not a mirror.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 45cm (1ft 6in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located off The Wynd, in The Green House.
- Lighting levels are medium.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located within the standard male toilets.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 94cm (3ft 1in).