Show Easy Read
- The following information describes the route from the home coach parking/drop-off area in Priory Road to the Anfield Road outer walkway.
- The approximate distance of this route is 550m- 650m depending on where the coach parks.
- The route takes approximately 7-10 minutes.
- The route leads along a section of Anfield Road which forms part of the traffic exclusion zone.
- The traffic exclusion zone is in place from 4 hours before kick-off.
- The pavements along the route have a tarmac and flagstone paving surface.
- Anfield Road (which can be used by pedestrians during the traffic exclusion period) has a tarmac surface.
- The potential hazards on this route include; posts, bins, bus shelters, uneven paving and bollards.
Priory Road - Home Coach Drop-off to Stanley Park
- The pedestrian entrance to Stanley Park is located opposite Anfield Crematorium, on Priory Road.
- The footpath has a flagstone paving surface which is mostly level.
- There may be some bins, posts and a bus shelter along this section of the route depending where the coach has parked.
- At the entrance to Stanley Park there are dropped kerbs on either side leading onto the access path.
- The dropped kerbs have tactile paving.
- The entrance into the park is open and level.
- The surface of the park is tarmac.
- After entering Stanley Park continue straight ahead along the footpath for approximately 400m, until you reach Anfield Road.
- There is a path that branches off to the left and leads to the Anfield Road outer walkway but it has a steep slope.
- The path is wide and has a smooth tarmac surface.
- Bench seating is not available.
- The pedestrian exit onto Anfield Road is open and level.
Stanley Park to the Outer Concourse/Walkway (Anfield Road)
- After exiting Stanley Park turn left towards the stadium.
- Bear diagonally right and cross Anfield Road towards the dropped kerb in front of the bollards.
- This part of Anfield Road forms part of the traffic exclusion zone.
- The row of bollards are positioned at the access point to the Anfield Road outer walkway.
- These prevent vehicles entering the site from 4 hours before kick-off.
- This access point is manned by stewards.
- On the right hand side there is a dropped kerb with tactile paving.
- Use the dropped kerb to access the bollards.
- The bollards are at a height of 110cm..
- The gap between the bollards is 116cm.
- The bollards do not have a good colour contrast with the background but do have a red contrasting strip at the top.
- Pass between the bollards and you will have reached the outer walkway.