COVID-19 Information (Liverpool John Moores University)
- Services / facilities within the building include student accommodation.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Liverpool.
- The nearest mainline station is Lime Street.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
Venue Car Park
- The car park is at the back of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do need to be booked in advance.
- There are 2 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 400cm x 500cm (13ft 1in x 16ft 5in).
- The nearest designated bay is 73m (79yd 2ft) from the Main Entrance.
- The furthest designated bay is 76m (83yd 4in) from the Main Entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb / non stepped access from the car park to the venue.
- The dropped kerb does not have tactile paving.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The intercom is not in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main doors open towards you (pull).
- The doors are double width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 160cm (5ft 3in) wide.
- A swipe card is needed to access the building.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope does bypass the steps.
- The ramp or slope is located leading down to the entrance from the right.
- The ramp or slope is easy.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- The ramp does not have handrails.
- There are steps to access this area / service.
- The steps are located leading down to the entrance.
- There is / are 3 step(s) to the area / service.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium.
- The steps do not have handrails.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- The photographs show the laundry room and communal area in the buildings main reception.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting level is medium.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located inside foyer to the left.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are G-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9.
- The lift is 2m (2yd 7in) from the main entrance.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 87cm (2ft).
- The dimensions of the lift are 109cm x 143cm (3ft x 4ft).
- There are not separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The lift controls do not have Braille markings.
- The lift controls do have tactile markings.
- The controls for the lift are within reach for a wheelchair user.
- The lighting level in the lift is medium.
Location of Accessible Accommodation
- The establishment provides 1 accessible accommodation facilities with an ensuite and/or separate accessible bathroom.
- This information refers to accessible accommotion.
- The accessible facilities are located in Block E.
- There is level access from an accessible entrance.
- The room number viewed was 60.
- The width of the door to the room is 86cm (2ft).
- The bed is 40cm (15in) high.
- The measurement between the bed base and floor is 2cm ().
- Light switches are within 120cm (4ft) from floor level.
- There is not a functional emergency alarm in the room.
- No emergency alarm is fitted in the room.
- Other accessible facilities available in the bedroom are an accessible kitchen with a lowered appliances including power sockets. There is also a lowered study desk.
- Assistance dogs are welcome to stay with residents in accessible accommodation.
- The information relates to the ensuite.
- The dimensions of the bathroom are 149cm x 177cm (4ft x 5ft).
- The width of the door to the bathroom is 88cm (2ft).
- The door is light.
- There is not a functional emergency alarm in the bathroom.
- It is out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor).
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 47cm (18in).
- There is not a toilet roll holder.
- There is a sink.
- The sink cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The height of the sink is 74cm (2ft).
- There is a mixer tap.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- The measurement of lateral transfer space is 94cm (3ft).
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- Wall mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet pan the wall mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There are mirrors.
- The mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- Disposal facilities are not available.
Bath and Shower
- There is a bath.
- The height of the side of the bath from floor level is 56cm (22in).
- The tap type is twist/turn.
- There is not a mixer tap.
- There is a shower over the bath.
- The shower head height is fixed.
- The shower head height is 66cm ().
- The type of shower controls used is twist/turn.
- There are handrails available.
Wheel In Shower
- There is not a wheel in shower.
Colour contrast and lighting in accessible rooms
- The colour contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The colour contrast between the internal room door and wall is good.
- The colour contrast between external ensuite / bathroom door and wall is good.
- Lighting levels are bright.
Colour contrast and lighting in accessible bathroom
- The colour contrast between the walls and floor in the bathroom is good.
- The colour contrast between the drop down rails and wall is poor.
- The colour contrast between the grab rails and wall is poor.
Ground Floor Rooms
- Ground floor rooms do have level access.
- Adjoining rooms are not available.
Standard Rooms on Other Floors
- There are standard rooms on other floors.
- The other floors can be accessed by lift.
- There is level access to standard rooms on other floors.
- Adjoining rooms are not available.
- There is a flip down seat in the bath/shower measuring 56 cm.
- All staff receive disability awareness training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- Registered assistance dogs are welcomed.
- A member of staff trained in BSL is not generally on duty, but can be requested.
- Portable loops can be requested from the Disability team on 0151 904 6052.