COVID-19 Information (Liverpool John Moores University)
- Services / facilities within the building include a dance Studio, tutorial room, staff offices and a Student IT Zone.
- Monday 09:00 - 21:00.
- Tuesday 09:00 - 21:00.
- Wednesday 09:00 - 21:00.
- Thursday 09:00 - 21:00.
- Friday 09:00 - 21:00.
- Saturday 09:00 - 19:00.
- Sunday 09:00 - 19:00.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the town or city.
- This venue is situated in Aigburth.
- The venue is situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Aigburth.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
Venue Car Park
- The car park is located at the side of the building.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 1 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 370cm x 600cm (12ft 2in x 19ft 8in).
- Designated parking bays are clearly marked.
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 22m (24yd 2in) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically (towards you).
Second set of doors
- The automatic doors are push pad activated.
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The width of the door opening is 130cm (4ft 3in).
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located leading from the car park to the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is moderate.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does play background music.
- Music is played in the dance studio.
- The lighting levels are varied.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The doors at both ends of the Student IT Zone, just inside the main entrance, are push pad automatic doors.
- There is level access to the front of the seating in the Dance Studio.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are LG, G, M, 1.
- The stairs are located to the left on entering.
- The stairs are approximately 11m from the main entrance.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- There are manual, heavy, double doors to access the stairwell from the first floor upwards.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep (18cm+).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on the right going up.
- There is a landing.
- The area(s)/service(s) on the floors which are not accessible is/are tutorial room 1, staff offices, the Dance Studio control room and the male toilets.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is no signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 7m (7yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located to the left on entering the building.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is required for the accessible toilet.
- The key is a radar key.
- The key can be obtained from Staff on main reception in the Barkhill Building.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- The door is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 270cm x 190cm (8ft 10in x 6ft 3in).
- There is a clear 150cm x 150cm manoeuvring space in the accessible toilet.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 185cm (6ft 1in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush, however it is not on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency pull cord alarm in the cubicle.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are female sanitary and general domestic waste disposal units.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 51cm (1ft 8in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the towel dispenser is 105cm (3ft 5in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The toilet seat colour contrast is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are bright.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
- There are male standard toilets facilities on the lower ground floor.
Access to Standard Female Toilet(s)
- The female toilet facilities that were surveyed are located on the far side of the Student IT Zone.
- The female toilet(s) is/are approximately 25m (27yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female toilet(s).
- Lighting levels are bright.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Staff do not receive deaf awareness training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.