- The venue is situated within the centre of the town.
- This venue is situated in Barking.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Barking.
- The nearest underground station is Barking.
Opening Times (Box Office)
- Monday 10:00 - 17:00.
- Tuesday 10:00 - 17:00.
- Wednesday 10:00 - 17:00.
- Thursday 10:00 - 17:00.
- Friday 10:00 - 17:00.
- Saturday 10:00 - 17:00.
- Sunday Closed.
- The Box Office opening times may vary due to performances taking place.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located in Clockhouse Avenue.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The intercom is in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main doors open automatically.
- The doors are single width.
- The door opening is 150cm (4ft 11in) wide.
- The desk is 3m (3yd 10in) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to reception from the entrance.
- The reception desk is medium height (77cm - 109cm).
- The desk has a low (76cm or lower) section.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The hearing system is available only on request.
- The system is a portable loop.
- This venue does play background music.
- Music is played in some parts of the venue.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- There are designated spaces for wheelchair users.
- Designated seating is located in Row C.
- Wheelchairs are left with the patron.
- A companion may sit with you.
- Companions sit next to the patron.
- It is 20m (21yd 2ft) from the designated seating area to the nearest accessible toilet.
- This venue does not provide audio described performances.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The hearing system is a portable loop.
- Staff are trained to use the hearing system.
- A deposit is not required for the sound enhancement system.
- The rows suitable for hearing loops are all rows.
- There is not a wheelchair to borrow.
- Concessions are available.
- Assistance dogs are allowed in the auditorium.
- BSL interpreted performances are occassionally available.
- The designated seating is accessed from the upper ground floor.
Eating and Drinking (The Broadway Café)
- The following information is for the café.
- Full table service is not available.
- No tables are permanently fixed.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- No chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is approximately 12m (13yd 4in) from the lift.
- The standard height for tables is 70cm.
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Menus are wall only.
- Menus are not available in Braille.
- Menus are not available in large print.
- Picture menus are not available.
- Menus are not clearly written.
- Menus are not presented in contrasting colours.
- The type of food served here is hot and cold meals and snacks.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are LG-G-UG-1-2.
- There are 9 steps between floors.
- The steps are not clearly marked.
- The steps are medium.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is not a landing.
- The lighting level is bright.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located to the left as you enter.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are LG-G-UG-1-2.
- The lift is 6m (19ft 8in) from main entrance.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 140cm x 150cm (4ft 7in x 4ft 11in).
- There are separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is not a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The controls for the lift are within reach for a wheelchair user.
- The lift controls do not have Braille markings.
- The lift controls do have tactile markings.
- The lighting level in the lift is low.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilets are located on the lower ground floor.
- Inside the venue, there is not level access to the female and male toilet.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 9m (9yd 2ft) from the lift.
- This accessible toilet is located on the upper ground floor.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
- This is by lift.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a shared toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 86cm (2ft 10in).
- The door may be difficult to open.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 165cm x 230cm (5ft 5in x 7ft 7in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush, however it is not on the transfer side.
- The tap type is twist/turn.
- There is not a mixer tap.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 46cm (1ft 6in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the hand dryer is 110cm (3ft 7in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the toilet roll holder is 110cm (3ft 7in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are moderate to good.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located within the accessible toilet.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents are available in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- This service can be requested.