- Services / facilities within the building include a skate park, a climbing wall and a viewing gallery.
- Services / facilities within the grounds include a trampoline park, a gym and a cafe.
- Related link Better Extreme Trampoline Park.
- Related link Barking Sporthouse and Gym.
- Opening times vary.
- please click here for a full list of opening times.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Goodmayes.
- The nearest underground station is Upney.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is located to the front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There is/are 5 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 360cm x 450cm (11ft 10in x 14ft 9in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 16m (17yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 30m (32yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are dropped kerbs.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The dropped kerb does not have tactile paving.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located to the side of the building.
- There is ramped/sloped access at this entrance.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is/are single width.
- The width of the door opening is 90cm.
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
- The ramp/slope is located in front of the main entrance.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is slight.
- The desk/counter is 4m (4yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to the desk/counter from the entrance.
- The desk/counter is medium height (77cm - 109cm).
- The desk/counter has a low (76cm or lower) section.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- Within the reception area there are security barriers that are held open during peak periods.
- The width of the opening is 100cm.
- There is not level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does play background music.
- Music is played throughout the venue.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- The skatepark has multiple different sections.
- The first section is known as the Beginners Section.
- This section is built for people that are starting out, or just beginning to learn new skills to help build confidence on a skateboard as it features low slopes, a micro ramp and small obstacles.
- Another of these sections is called the Street Zone.
- This zone has been designed with ledges, flatbars, eurogaps, hips, rails and A-frames.
- Another section of the skatepark is known as the Ramps/Bowl section.
- This section features a 6ft deep bowl with a 2ft extension and nearly 3,500 square feet of mini ramp terrain.
- There are experienced staff on hand at all times.
- The indoor skateparks surface is predominantly wood with trims of metal.
- There is a separate entrance to the left of the main entrance within the reception area to access the climbing wall area.
- The single door leading to the climbing wall area is permanently held open and is 92cm in width.
- There is a touch screen check-in service for those that have made there booking online.
- The height of the touch screen is 130cm.
- There is a safety briefing area beyond the entrance into the climbing area.
- The height of the bench within this area is 45cm.
- There are many different themed walls available.
- Staff are available if assistance is required.
Other Floors (Viewing Gallery)
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G, 1.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The steps are not clearly marked.
- The steps are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- The lighting levels are good.
- The area(s)/service(s) on the floors which are not accessible is/are the viewing gallery.
- There are numerous seats without armrests surrounding tables that are approximately 70cm high.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 10m (10yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The accessible toilet is located to the right as you enter.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a lever twist.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 86cm (2ft 10in).
- The door is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 148cm x 312cm (4ft 10in x 10ft 3in).
- There is not sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 83cm (2ft 9in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is twist/turn.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are sanitary disposal units.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 47cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the hand dryer is 110cm (3ft 7in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the toilet roll holder is 107cm (3ft 6in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
- The height of the wash basin is 82cm (2ft 8in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Shared Toilet(s)
- The shared toilets that were surveyed are located to the right as you enter.
- The shared toilet(s) is/are approximately 10m (10yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the shared toilet(s).
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- An assistance dog toilet area can be provided onsite.
- The assistance dog toilet area is located to the grass at the rear of the venue.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.