Show Easy Read
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest bus stops are on Pickford Lane.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is located on Station Road, alongside the ticket office.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There is/are 3 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 300cm x 500cm (9ft 10in x 16ft 5in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 20m (21yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 30m (32yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is/are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The dropped kerb does have tactile paving.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
Drop off Point
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- There is an additional car park on the opposite side of the tracks, off Station Approach (photographs 5 and 6).
- This car park has a height restriction of 2.1m.
- There are steep slopes from this car park to the Platform 2 entrance.
- Blue Badge holders may park for free in any bay as long as the badge is clearly displayed.
Outside Access (Main Entrance - Platform 1)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the ticket office building, on Station Road.
- There is level access into the venue.
- There are no doors at this entrance.
- The width of the door opening is 200cm (6ft 7in).
- There are steep slopes towards the entrance on Station Approach from both directions.
Outside Access (Platform 2 Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located on Station Approach.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is / are permanently held open.
- The width of the door opening is 140cm (4ft 7in).
- Although there is level access at the entrance, there are steep slopes on Station Approach, from Pickford Lane.
- There are also steep slopes on the footpath linking Station Approach with Glengall Road.
Reception (Ticket Office)
- The desk/counter is 4m (4yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to the desk/counter from the entrance.
- The desk/counter is high (110cm+).
- The desk/counter does not have a low (76cm or lower) section.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The type of system is a fixed loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- The desk has a lower writing surface in front.
- There is also an opening hatch to enable wheelchair users to exchange money/tickets etc more easily.
- Monday 06:10 - 20:00.
- Tuesday 06:10 - 20:00.
- Wednesday 06:10 - 20:00.
- Thursday 06:10 - 20:00.
- Friday 06:10 - 20:00.
- Saturday 06:30 - 20:00.
- Sunday 08:10 - 16:40.
- There are generally 1 member(s) of staff on duty.
- The station is staffed.
- There is not an office to obtain help.
- The station is not staffed between 20:00-06:10.
- There is a ticket office.
- The ticket office is located on the left as you enter.
- The ticket office is 3m (3yd 10in) from the main entrance.
- The train companies operating from within this station are Southeastern Railway.
- The train companies that operate within this station include:.
- Please click here for access information for Southeastern Railway.
- There is not a taxi rank at the station.
- Shops and services within the station include a newsagent in the ticket office and a coffee kiosk on Platform 1 in the mornings.
- All key concourse shops and services have level access.
- There are 2 platform(s) in the station.
- The platform(s) which has/have level access is / are 1 and 2.
- The platform(s) which can be accessed by either level access / ramps / lifts / stairclimber from inside the station is / are 1 and 2.
Additional Station Information
- Announcements on platforms are audio and visual.
- Wider ticket barriers are available to access platforms.
- Platforms which have tactile markings at the platform edge are 1 and 2.
- Accessible toilets are not located on the platform(s).
- Accessible toilets are not located on the main station concourse.
- There is not a wheelchair available to borrow.
- A portable ramp is available to overcome the large step between the platform and trains.
- Staff assistance is required.
- Booking is advised.
- There is a waiting room on Platform 1 with bench seats with armrests.
- There are double doors into the waiting room.
- One door is usually locked, giving a clear opening width of 71cm.
- The second door can be unlocked if required.
- There is a shelter with a nearby help point on Platform 2.
Level Change (Footbridge)
- There is a/are step(s) to access this area/service.
- The step(s) is/are located leading from platforms 1 and 2 to the footbridge.
- There is/are 15+ step(s) to the area/service.
- There is tactile paving at the top and bottom of the steps.
- The step(s) is/are clearly marked.
- The step(s) is/are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The handrail(s) is/are on both sides.
- There is a lift to access this area/service.
- The lift does bypass the step(s).
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located on Platform 1.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are Platform - Footbridge.
- The lift is approximately 25m (27yd 1ft) from the ticket office entrance.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 110cm (3ft 7in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 160cm x 160cm (5ft 3in x 5ft 3in).
- There are separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is not a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- The lift does have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The lighting level in the lift is medium.
- There is an identical lift linking Platform 2 with the footbridge.
- Accessible toilet facilities are not available.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Shared Toilet(s)
- The shared toilets that were surveyed are located in the portable toilet cubicles on Platform 2.
- The shared toilet(s) is/are approximately 15m (16yd 1ft) from the Platform 2 entrance, or 40m from the footbridge lift.
- There are two portable toilet cubicles.
- They are usually unlocked 07.00 - 19.00.
- There is a deep step up into the toilet cubicles.
- At the time of our survey (September 2019) the permanent female and male toilets on Platform 1 had been closed for about a year due to drainage problems.
- No date was available for the toilets to reopen.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- An assistance dog toilet area can be provided onsite.
- The assistance dog toilet area is located in the car park.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.