- Services / facilities within the building include Purple Hall, Green Hall (can be connected), Orange Space, Yellow Space (can be connected), Main Hall, meeting room, Crimson Cafe, Slade Green Community Library, IT suite.
- Services / facilities within the grounds include multi-use ball court.
- Related link Slade Green Community Library.
- The orange and yellow spaces are permanently used by the Howbury Tumblers Toddler Group and not included in this guide.
- The other halls, meeting room and ball court are all available for hire by groups and individuals.
- The IT Suite opens off the library and is included in the library guide - see link above.
- There are male and female changing rooms with standard level access showers. .
- At the time of our visit (July 2015) these were not yet in use.
- The centre is very new and opening times are likely to change or be extended. .
- Please contact the centre for details.
- The centre may also be open outside of the times stated for booked events.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Slade Green.
- There are external queuing points.
- The external queuing points are clearly marked/signed.
- There is a member of staff available at the entrance.
- There is hand sanitiser available at the entrance.
- The hand sanitisers are hand held.
- Hand sanitisers are available inside the venue.
- There is a limited number of people allowed inside.
- There is a Track and Trace system in place.
- There is a one-way system throughout.
- The one-way system is clearly marked/signed.
- There is clear signage inside to help with social distancing.
- There are protective clear screens located at tills/counters.
- Customer toilets are currently unavailable.
- The venue is not certified with the 'We’re Good To Go’ COVID-19 industry standard.
- Monday 08:30 - 21:45.
- Tuesday 08:30 - 18:30.
- Wednesday 07:00 - 21:30.
- Thursday 08:00 - 21:30.
- Friday 11:00 - 19:00.
- Saturday 08:00 - 14:00.
- Sunday 09:30 - 14:00.
- Because that there is different venues under the one roof, please contact venue with regards individual venue opening times.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is located in front of the building.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 2 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 360cm x 600cm (11ft 10in x 19ft 8in).
- The nearest designated bay is 12m (13yd 4in) from the main entrance.
- The furthest designated bay is 15m (16yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The dropped kerb does not have tactile paving.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located facing the car park.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically (towards you).
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The width of the door opening is 170cm (5ft 7in).
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp/slope gradient is slight.
- The desk is 1m (3ft 3in) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to reception from the entrance.
- The reception desk is high (110cm+).
- The desk has a low (76cm or lower) section.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are varied.
- The pictures show the main corridor, the meeting room and the main hall.
Eating and Drinking (Eco Café)
- The following information is for the café.
- Food or drinks are ordered from the service counter.
- Food or drinks can be brought to the table.
- There is not a lowered section at the counter.
- No tables are permanently fixed.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- No chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is approximately 15m (16yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The distance between the floor and the lowest table is 70cm (2ft 4in).
- The distance between the floor and the highest table is 70cm (2ft 4in).
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Plastic / takeaway cups are available.
- Plastic / takeaway cutlery is available.
- Drinking straws are available.
- Menus are wall only.
- Menus are not available in Braille.
- Menus are not available in large print.
- Picture menus are not available.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- The type of food served here is hot and cold meals and snacks.
- The cafe is also open 10:00 - 17:00 on the first and third Saturday of the month.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 40m (43yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located through the cafe area, off the corridor opposite the main hall.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a lever twist.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 93cm (3ft 1in).
- The door is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 155cm x 225cm (5ft 1in x 7ft 5in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 85cm (2ft 9in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are not available in the cubicle.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- The shelf is not higher than 95cm (3ft 1in).
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 48cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the toilet roll holder is 115cm (3ft 9in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are bright.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilets are located off the main corridor, near the main hall.
- The female and male toilets are 45m (49yd 8in) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are medium.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located in the larger end cubicle, within the male and female standard toilets.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 85cm (2ft 9in).
- There are additional standard toilets in the changing rooms at the far right of the building.
- These were not in use at the time of out survey.
- There are also standard toilets off the yellow space.
- Staff do not receive disability awareness / equality training.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- The picture shows the multi-use ball court, in front of the building.
- The court is sometimes available for free play but can also be hired for private use.