Assisted Travel Contact Information
- Assisted Travel Helpline: 0800 058 2844
- Assisted Travel Text Relay service (for the hard of hearing): 0800 138 1018
- SMS Text: 07860 034 269
- Email: [email protected]
- The assisted travel helpline is open every day from 08:00 - 22:00, except on Christmas Day.
Opening Times (Ticket Office)
- Monday 06:35 - 10:00.
- Tuesday 06:35 - 10:00.
- Wednesday 06:35 - 10:00.
- Thursday 06:35 - 10:00.
- Friday 06:35 - 10:00.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest underground station is Cockfosters.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Outside Access (Ticket Office)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front left of the station.
- There is step-free access at this entrance.
- The main door(s) open(s) both ways.
- The door(s) is/are double width.
- The door(s) may be difficult to open.
- The width of the door opening is 145cm.
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
Access Point (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the access point located at the front right of the station.
- There is an information board/map at this access point.
- There is stepped access at this access point.
- This is no gate at this access point.
Reception (Ticket Office)
- The desk/counter is 4m (4yd 1ft) from the ticket office entrance.
- There is level access to the desk/counter from the entrance.
- The desk/counter is medium height (77cm - 109cm).
- The desk/counter does not have a low (76cm or lower) section.
- The lighting levels are good.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The type of system is a fixed loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- Ticket machines are available outside the station.
Level Change (Footbridge - Platform 4 and 1)
- There is a/are step(s) to access this area/service.
- The step(s) is/are located beyond the main entrance and to the far end of the footbridge.
- There is/are 15+ step(s) to the area/service.
- The lighting levels at the step(s) are moderate to good.
- There is tactile paving at the top and bottom of the steps.
- The step(s) is/are clearly marked.
- The step(s) is/are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The handrail(s) is/are on both sides.
- The footbridge gives access to platforms 4 and 1.
- Platform 4 is immediately beyond the main entrance.
Step-Free Access to Platform 4
- Step-free sloped access to platform 4 is to the left as you face the station.
- The slope runs down along the side of the station, is steep and has no handrails.
- The surface of the ground is tarmac and loose gravel (photographs 1 and 2).
- The entrance is located at the end of the slope to the right.
- The ramped entrance is steep, is 160cm wide and has handrails on both sides.
- There are generally 1 member(s) of staff on duty.
- The station is staffed.
- There is not an office to obtain help.
- The station is not staffed between 10:00 - 06.25.
- There is a ticket office.
- The ticket office is located immediately beyond the ticket office entrance.
- The ticket office is 4m (4yd 1ft) from the ticket office entrance.
- The train companies operating from within this station are Great Northern Railway.
- The train companies that operate within this station include:.
- Please click here for access information for Great Northern Railway.
- There is not a taxi rank at the station.
- There are 2 platform(s) in the station.
- The platform(s) accessed by ramp / slope is / are 4.
- The platform(s) accessed by steps only is / are 1 and 4.
- The platform(s) which can be accessed by using alternative outside access entrances only is / are 4.
Additional Station Information
- Announcements on platforms are audio and visual.
- Wider ticket barriers are not available to access platforms.
- Platforms which have tactile markings at the platform edge are 1 and 4.
- Accessible toilets are not located on the platform(s).
- Accessible toilets are not located on the main station concourse.
- There is not a wheelchair available to borrow.
- Platforms 2 and 3 are permanently closed and are only available in the case of an emergency.
- There are not accessible toilet facilities within this venue.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are not available.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are not located within the venue.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A bowl of water cannot be provided for an assistance dog.