Show Easy Read
- The venue is situated within the centre of the area.
- This venue is situated in Southgate.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Palmers Green.
- The nearest underground station is Arnos Grove.
- Reception is staffed 24 hours per day.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is at the front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There are 4 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 340cm x 500cm (11ft 2in x 16ft 5in).
- The nearest designated bay is 10m (32ft 10in) from the main entrance.
- The furthest designated bay is 13m (14yd) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb / non stepped access from the car park to the venue.
- The dropped kerb does not have tactile paving.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
Drop off Point
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the venue.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The intercom is in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main doors open towards you (pull).
- The doors are single width.
- The doors are light.
- The door opening is 98cm (3ft 3in) wide.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is easy.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- The desk/counter is 1m (3ft 3in) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to the desk/counter from the entrance.
- The desk/counter is high (110cm+).
- The desk/counter does not have a low (76cm or lower) section.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The type of system is a fixed loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does play background music.
- Music is played within reception and throughout the hallways.
- Motorised scooters are not allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are varied.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- The lighting level is bright.
- The services on the floors which are not accessible are additional standard rooms.
- There are 18 rooms in total.
- There are 11 standard ground floor rooms.
- There are 5 standard rooms on other floors.
- There are accessible ensuite facilities.
- There is / are 2 room(s) which has / have accessible ensuite facilities.
- There is / are 0 adjoining room(s) available for carers.
Location and Access
- The accessible room viewed is 20m (21yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- There is level access from an accessible entrance.
- No accessible rooms are located in a separate building from the main hotel.
- The room number or room name viewed was 9.
- The width of the door is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- The height of the bed is 60cm (1ft 12in).
- The measurement between the bed base and floor is 40cm (1ft 4in).
- Light switches are within 120cm from floor level.
- There is a functional emergency alarm in the room.
- The width of the door to the ensuite is 84cm (2ft 9in).
- The door opens outwards.
- The door weight is light.
- The door is locked by a (no lock).
- The dimensions of the accessible ensuite are 160cm x 180cm (5ft 3in x 5ft 11in).
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 120cm (3ft 11in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is not a flush on the transfer side.
- Wall mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet, the wall mounted grab rails are on the right.
- The toilet seat is 46cm (1ft 6in) above floor level.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm in height.
- There is a sink.
- The sink can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The height of the sink is 76cm (2ft 6in).
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap for the sink.
- There is a functional emergency alarm available in the ensuite.
- Disposal facilities are available.
- There are mirrors.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
Bath and Shower
- There is not a bath.
Wheel In Shower
- There is a wheel in shower.
- The shower head is adjustable.
- The shower control type is twist/turn.
- The shower seat is flip down.
- The flip down or fixed seat height is 54cm (1ft 9in).
- There are handrails available.
Signage, colour contrast and lighting in accessible rooms
- There is no additional signage on or near the hotel door.
- The colour contrast between the external hotel room door and wall is good.
- The colour contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The colour contrast between the internal hotel room door and wall is poor.
- The colour contrast between the external ensuite door and wall is poor.
- Lighting levels are medium.
Colour contrast and lighting in accessible ensuite
- The colour contrast between the internal ensuite door and wall is poor.
- The colour contrast between the walls and floor in the ensuite is poor.
- The colour contrast between the drop down rails and wall is poor.
- The colour contrast between the grab rails and wall is poor.
- Lighting levels are medium.
Auxiliary Aids - General
- Some hotel rooms have auxiliary aids for people with sensory impairments.
- The available auxiliary aid(s) is(are) vibrating pillow(s) and Teletext/subtitles.
- Vibrating fire alarms are In rooms.
- The hotel does not provide other auxiliary aids for people with mobility impairments.
- Assistance dogs are welcome to stay with guests in rooms.
- The number of accessible rooms with baths is 0.
- The number of accessible rooms with wheel in showers is 2.
Ground Floor Standard Rooms
- There are standard rooms on the ground floor.
- There is level access to ground floor rooms.
- Adjoining rooms are not available.
Standard Rooms on Other Floors
- There are standard rooms on other floors.
- The other floors cannot be accessed by lift.
- There is level access to standard rooms on other floors.
- Adjoining rooms are not available.
- There are not accessible toilet facilities within this venue.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are not available.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are not located within the venue.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents are not available in large print.
- A bowl of water cannot be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.