- Related link Eastcote House Gardens.
- Related link The Gardens Cafe.
- The Stables is a 17th century timber framed building and following restoration work, has become a venue available for community use and private hire.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is West Ruislip.
- The nearest underground station is Eastcote.
- Bus stops are located on the High Road, Field End Road and Joel Street.
- Opening times for the venue vary according to bookings/events taking place.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is located in front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 2 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 300cm x 570cm (9ft 10in x 18ft 8in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 20m (21yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 22m (24yd 2in) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is/are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- The Blue Badge bays are on a surface tarmac, but the main car park has a gravel surface.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is step-free access at this entrance.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is/are double width.
- The door(s) is/are light.
- The width of the door opening is 140cm.
- There is not level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are varied.
Level Change (Accessible Toilet & Stairs)
- There is a/are step(s) to access this area/service.
- The step(s) is/are located off the main hall.
- There is/are 1 step(s) to the area/service.
- The lighting levels at the step(s) are medium.
- The step(s) is/are not clearly marked.
- The step(s) is/are shallow (2cm - 10cm).
- There is not a/are not handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G, 1.
- There are 14 steps between floors.
- The steps are not clearly marked.
- The steps are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on the left going up.
- There is not a landing.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The area(s)/service(s) on the floors which are not accessible is/are the standard toilets.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- There is no signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 8m (8yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located off the main hall.
- There is not level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a shared toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 77cm (2ft 6in).
- The door is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 150cm x 214cm (4ft 11in x 7ft).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 57cm (1ft 10in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are non-infectious waste and sanitary disposal units.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 49cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Shared Toilet(s)
- The shared toilets that were surveyed are located on the first floor.
- Inside the venue, there is not level access to the shared toilet(s).
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.