- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Syon Lane.
- The nearest underground station is Boston Manor.
- The venue provides activities for the over 60's in Hounslow including:.
- Chair-based Yoga, Food & Nutrition classes, Kurling & Boccia, IT Skills, Mindfulness, Needlework, Gardening and many 'one-off' special events.
- The Therapy Room offers a variety of professional services including hairdressing, Swedish and aromatherapy massage and the Happy Feet Foot Clinic.
- Please contact the venue for more details.
- Please contact the venue for details of opening times.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is free for all users.
Venue Car Park
- The car park is located at the front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There is/are 0 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is ramped/sloped access at this entrance.
- The height of the bell/buzzer is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- The height of the intercom is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically (towards you).
- The bell/buzzer is in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The intercom is in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The door(s) is/are single width.
- The width of the door opening is 87cm.
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
- The ramp/slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is slight.
- The width of the ramp/slope is 110cm (3ft 7in).
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The hearing assistance system is available only on request.
- The system is a portable loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- This venue does play background music.
- Music is played depending on the activity / event.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- There is small outside patio area located at the rear of the venue.
- The patio has chairs without armrests, tables and a small flowerbed.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 7m (7yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The accessible toilet is located immediately beyond the main entrance.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- There is no lock for the toilet door.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- The door is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 150cm x 220cm (4ft 11in x 7ft 3in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 70cm (2ft 4in).
- There is no dropdown rail for the toilet.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are not available in the cubicle.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is not a mirror.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 48cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the hand dryer is 120cm (3ft 11in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are bright.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Shared Toilet(s)
- The shared toilets that were surveyed are located immediately beyond the main entrance.
- The shared toilet(s) is/are approximately 9m (9yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the shared toilet(s).
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Staff do not receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents are not available in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- An assistance dog toilet area can be provided onsite.
- The assistance dog toilet area is located outside the main entrance.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Home visits / services are not available.