- Hounslow Heath has won awards for conservation management excellence. Hounslow Heath is a place of great historical importance with a recorded history dating back to Norman times.
- The most important natural community on Hounslow Heath is the remnant lowland heathland, which incorporates a mixture of heathland and acid grassland communities, blocks of scrub, and areas of bare ground. This mosaic, although small, is the last vestige of a habitat that once covered more than 3000 hectares and holds many relic species of the once extensive heathland.
- The actual ericaceous heath covers about 5 hectares and represents about 5% of London’s heathland. Both heathland and acid grassland are National BAP habitats and globally the UK holds one fifth of the worlds lowland heathland.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Hounslow.
- The nearest underground station is Hounslow West.
- Hounslow Heath is open 24 hours every day. Please note that the car park closes at varying times of the year according to season, but there are plates in place that permit cars to exit, but not entry, after these times.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is free for all users.
Venue Car Park
- The car park is located in Frampton Road.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There is/are 0 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are uneven surfaces.
- The car park surface is loose chippings.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located in the car park.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The width of the entrance here is 90cm.
Parks and Gardens
- The park or garden does have footpaths.
- The path(s) has a / have compact earth, loose wood chippings, tarmac, concrete and muddy surface(s).
- The majority of the path(s) is / are wide enough for wheelchair users.
- There are easy and moderate slopes on the paths.
- There are bench seats situated along the paths for people to rest.
- Hounslow Heath is a large heathland with nature trails and footpaths. Some of the paths are inaccessible to wheelchairs as they are very narrow and difficult to access. Large concrete and gravel paths run through the centre of the heath providing good access.
- There are not accessible toilet facilities within this venue.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.