- Monday 17:30 - 22:30.
- Tuesday 17:30 - 22:30.
- Wednesday 17:30 - 22:30.
- Thursday 17:30 - 22:30.
- Friday 17:30 - 22:30.
- Saturday 08:00 - 18:30.
- Sunday 09:00 - 18:30.
- The centre is also open 06:30 - 08:30 on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- Swimming is open until 22:00 on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- The information in this section was taken in March 2021.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the town.
- The nearest mainline station is Lee.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main doors open towards you (pull).
- The doors are double width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 164cm (5ft 5in) wide.
- The desk/counter is 3m (3yd 10in) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to the desk/counter from the entrance.
- The desk/counter is high (110cm+).
- The lighting levels are bright.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- This venue does not play background music.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- Level access applies to the sports hall, the swimming pool, the tennis courts and the ground floor gymnasium.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- The lighting level is bright.
- The services on the floors which are not accessible are the upstairs gymnasium.
- There is not a wet side chair available.
- There is not a hoist for wheelchair users to access the water.
- There are not steps into the swimming pool.
- There is a ladder type entrance into the water.
Accessible Changing Room
- There are not accessible changing rooms available.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 20m (21yd 2ft) from the accessible entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located in the corridor behind reception.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a shared toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 200cm x 150cm (6ft 7in x 4ft 11in).
- There is not sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- The tap type is push.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a mirror.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 47cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the hand dryer is 126cm (4ft 2in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin is placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
- The height of the wash basin is 77cm (2ft 6in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- Wall mounted and drop down rails are available.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilets are located in changing rooms at rear of ground floor gym.
- The female and male toilets are 50m (55yd) from the accessible entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is not level access to the female and male toilet.
- Lighting levels are bright.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Staff do not receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents are available in Braille.
- Documents are available in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.