- The venue is situated within the centre of the town or city.
- This venue is situated in Grove Park.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Grove Park.
- The information in this section was taken in April 2021.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Outside Access (Baring Road)
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main doors open (no doors).
- The door opening is 245cm (8ft 0in) wide.
Reception (Ticket Office)
- The desk is 10m (10yd 2ft) from the front entrance.
- There is level access to reception from the entrance.
- The reception desk is medium height (77cm - 109cm).
- The lighting levels are bright.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The type of system is a fixed loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- Monday 05:15 - 20:15.
- Tuesday 05:15 - 20:15.
- Wednesday 05:15 - 20:15.
- Thursday 05:15 - 20:15.
- Friday 05:15 - 20:15.
- Saturday 07:00 - 20:15.
- Sunday 08:10 - 18:40.
- There are generally 2 member(s) of staff on duty.
- The station is staffed.
- There is an office to obtain help.
- This office is located on platforms 2-3.
- The train companies operating from within this station are South Eastern Railway.
- There is not a taxi rank at the station.
- Shops and services within the station include kiosk on Platform 4-5, vending machines elsewhere.
- Not all key concourse shops and services have level access.
- There are 5 platform(s) in the station.
Additional Station Information
- Announcements on platforms are audio and visual.
- Accessible toilets are located on the platform(s).
- Accessible toilets are located on platform(s) 2/3.
- Accessible toilets are located on the main station concourse.
- There are waiting rooms on Platforms 2-3 and 4-5. There is level access into the rooms, but the door opening is 50cm.
- Seats with arm rests are available.
- announcements are audible only.
Train Station Platform
- This information is for platform(s) 1-5.
- The platform(s) accessed by ramp / slope is / are 2, 3, 4, 5.
- The platform(s) accessed by steps only is / are 1 (trains towards Bromley North).
- There are 15+ steps to platform 1.
- The steps are well lit.
- The steps are medium height.
- The steps have handrails.
- The steps have handrails on on both sides going up.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- There is a ramp/slope to access platforms 2-5.
- The ramp is steep.
- The ramp is permanent.
- The ramp/slope is located between ticket office and platforms.
- The width of the ramp/slope is 210cm.
Accessible Toilet (Platform 2-3)
- There are accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Location and Access
- The toilet is for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial, tactile and Braille signage on or near the toilet door.
- The accessible toilet is 40m (43yd 2ft) from the the Main Entrance.
- The accessible toilet is located on Platform 2-3.
- There is not level access to the accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is required for the accessible toilet.
- The key is not a radar key.
- The key can be obtained from a member of staff.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 85cm (2ft).
- The door is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 150cm x 215cm (4ft x 7ft).
- Floor manoeuvring space is clear in the accessible toilet.
- There is not a lateral transfer space.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is not a functional emergency alarm available.
- It is out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor).
- Disposal facilities are not available in the cubicle.
- There is a coat hook.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall mounted grab rails are on the left.
- There is a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- The shelf is not higher than 95cm (3ft 1in).
- There are mirrors in the accessible toilet.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 48cm (18in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3").
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3").
- There is a sink.
- The sink can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The sink is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5").
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the grab rails and wall is good.
- The contrast between the drop down rails and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is fair.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- The toilet is centrally placed in the room. Although there is a drop down rail to the right of the toilet, there is only 50cm space available.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female Toilet(s)
- The female toilets are located on Platform 2-3.
- The female toilets are 40m (43yd 2ft) from the accessible entrance.
- Lighting levels are bright.
Access to Standard Male Toilet(s)
- The male toilets are located on Platforms 2-3 and 4-5.
- The male toilets are 40m (43yd 2ft) from the accessible entrance.
- Lighting levels are low.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are not located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are not located within the standard toilet.
- On Police advice, the male toilets on platform 2-3 are kept locked. Please contact the staff to open the facility if required.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- There is a refreshment kiosk on Platform 4-5 and vending machines in other areas.