Show Easy Read
- Monday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Tuesday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Wednesday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Thursday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Friday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
- The centre may also be open outside of these times for special events.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the area.
- This venue is situated in Sydenham.
- The venue is situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Sydenham.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Public Car Parks
- There is not a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
Blue Badge On Street Parking
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are not available.
Standard On Street Parking
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are not available.
Drop off Point
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- There is unrestricted on-street parking in surrounding roads.
- Please note that there is a barrier at the end of Kelvin Grove which may be closed at school arrival/ departure times.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The intercom is not in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main doors open towards you (pull).
- The doors are single width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 78cm (2ft) wide.
Second set of doors
- There is a second set of doors.
- The doors open away from you (push).
- The doors are single width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 77cm (2ft) wide.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located leading down from the pavement to the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is moderate.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp.
- There is not level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are varied.
- On the ground floor is a meeting room - with level access to a small garden space - which can be used for stay and play or training events such as Job Club and ESOL lessons.
- There is a small kitchen (picture right).
- On the first floor are a further meeting room, a counselling room (picture left) and staff offices.
- The centre has been converted from a former house - the circulation spaces would be too small for a motorised scooter to be taken indoors.
Other Floors (First Floor)
- There are 13 steps between floors.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- The lighting level is medium.
- The services on the floors which are not accessible are a meeting room and counselling room.
- Events can be scheduled to take place on the ground floor if participants are unable to access the first floor.
- There are accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- The accessible toilet is 5m (5yd 18in) from the the Main Entrance.
- The accessible toilet is located on the right of the entrance corridor.
- There is level access to the accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens inwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 83cm (2ft).
- The door is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 140cm x 200cm (4ft x 6ft).
- Floor manoeuvring space is clear in the accessible toilet.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 80cm (2ft).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is not a functional emergency alarm available.
- It is tied up and out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor).
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is not a coat hook.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There are mirrors in the accessible toilet.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 48cm (18in).
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3").
- There is a sink.
- The sink can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The sink is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5").
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the grab rails and wall is good.
- The contrast between the drop down rails and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Baby change facilities are located within the accessible toilet.
- The height of the baby change bench when extended is 84cm ( 2ft 9in).
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Shared Toilet(s)
- The unisex toilets are located on the ground floor, off the main corridor.
- Unisex toilets are 6m (6yd 22in) from the the Main Entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the unisex toilet.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- An assistance dog toilet area can be provided onsite.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Home visits / services are available.
- Staff are available for family support and outreach work in clients' homes.