- AccessAble are aware that there have been changes to this Access Guide, which includes the information for the new offices and 2 new halls. Our surveyors will revisit the venue to update the information as soon as possible, subject to Government restrictions.
- Services / facilities within the building include a ground floor ladies hall, first floor mens hall and a second floor disabled gallery.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the area.
- This venue is situated in Morden.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Morden South.
- The nearest underground station is Morden.
- There is not a member of staff available at the entrance.
- There is hand sanitiser available at the entrance.
- The hand sanitisers are hand held.
- Hand sanitisers are available inside the venue.
- There is a limited number of people allowed inside.
- There is a Track and Trace system in place.
- There is a one-way system throughout.
- The one-way system is clearly marked/signed.
- There is clear signage inside to help with social distancing.
- There are protective clear screens located at tills/counters.
- Toilets are available.
- Monday 10:00 - 18:00.
- Tuesday 10:00 - 18:00.
- Wednesday 10:00 - 18:00.
- Thursday 10:00 - 18:00.
- Friday 10:00 - 18:00.
- Saturday 10:00 - 18:00.
- Sunday 10:00 - 18:00.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- The car park is at the front and rear.
- There are 0 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located to the front of the venue.
- There is ramped/sloped or stepped access at this entrance.
- The main door(s) open(s) both ways.
- The door(s) is/are double width.
- The door(s) may be difficult to open.
- The width of the door opening is 120cm.
- The ramp/slope is located to the left of the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the ramp.
- The handrail(s) is/are on the left going up.
- The ramp/slope does bypass the step(s).
- The step(s) is/are located directly in front of the entrance.
- There is/are 9 step(s).
- The step(s) is/are clearly marked.
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The handrail(s) is/are on both sides.
- Handrails are at the recommended height (90cm-100cm).
- Handrails do cover the flight of stairs throughout its length.
- Handrails are easy to grip.
- Handrails do extend horizontally beyond the first and last steps.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- Lighting levels are varied.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1-2.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- The lighting level is bright.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located off the main foyer.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are G-1-2.
- The lift is 9m (29ft 6in) from main entrance.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 108cm x 206cm (3ft 7in x 6ft 9in).
- There are separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The controls for the lift are within reach for a wheelchair user.
- The lift controls do have Braille markings.
- The lift controls do have tactile markings.
- There are accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- The accessible toilet is 15m (16yd) from the lift.
- The accessible toilet is located wihin the male standard toilets.
- There is level access to the accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is not a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens inwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 86cm (2ft 10in).
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 148cm x 218cm (4ft 10in x 7ft 2in).
- Floor manoeuvring space is clear in the accessible toilet.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 62cm (2ft 0in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is push.
- There is not a mixer tap.
- There is not a functional emergency alarm available.
- No emergency alarm fitted in the cubicle.
- Disposal facilities are not available in the cubicle.
- There is a coat hook.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There are not mirrors in the accessible toilet.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 46cm (1ft 6in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The toilet roll holder is 110cm (3ft 7in) high.
- There is a sink.
- The sink can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The sink is placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
- The sink is 75cm (2ft 6in) high.
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the grab rails and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the drop down rails and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- There is an accessible toilet in the female standard toilets.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female Toilet(s)
- The female toilets are located in the ladies hall.
- The female toilets are 20m (22yd) from the main entrance.
Access to Standard Male Toilet(s)
- The male toilets are located on the first floor.
- The male toilets are 8m (26ft 3in) from the lift.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located within the standard toilets.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 100cm (3ft 3in).
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the baby change facility.
- Registered assistance dogs are welcomed but with restricted access to the prayer halls.